Rivals are all over the place, outside of their region (post Nov. 2020 update)

4 Himfjall Rivals, 4 North Coast all spawned last night.

No shift in game through different characters

No shift in game after dash quit and restart

No shift after hard reset.

+1 on new Rivals being no issue

OK, I have a serious question: Will this happen after EVERY game update?

1 Like

Same here, nearly all of my Rivals are shuffeld all over the map. This time thereā€™s even a north coast Hunter over at HimfjƤllā€¦ :man_facepalming:

i have a south cost rival on himjfall and a marshlands in the south how?

I have the same. Even had one from Himfjall in the forest region.

Issue with the Landfall update I guess. I went and took out the wandering ones and bought balance back to Ostertorn :slight_smile:

Not only with the Landfall update It was like this after each of the last updates, rivals shuffled all over the map. That also includes regions having more than 8 Rivals or the odd xx-region Rival on HimfjƤllā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Would be nice if the devs could address that but I think itā€™s only a minor annoyance

Rivals can wonder around the map. If you destroy a rival, the region it was spawned from loses region level and points, not the region you destroy it in. This is the way it has been since the beginning of the game. All the machines can free range and cross region borders. Non rival machines can be lured across the borders and points given to the region they are destroyed in, not spawned in.

When pruning a region of too many rivals, it is best to check the rivalā€™s profile before destroying it so you get the correct rival from the region you want to lower the rival count in. My forest region has ZERO rivals that have spawned in it but there are 5 rivals in the region. Because I am leveling up the region without rivals, I chase down and destroy it when one spawns in that region.

This is why some hosts with a lot of rivals will not let other players join the map and start randomly destroying rivals. If you are just hunting rivals for better loot then this feature of the game is not something you will notice, and no one cared until the reaper was introduced.

EDIT: How could this be a bug? You can lure machines, rivals or not from one region to another. Angaras Church/ safe house is at the edge of the boundaries of South Coast and Mountains region, machines from the Mountains Region cross over to the South Coast Region regularly, with or without an update. Get in a fire fight with rivals and they to will cross over the boundaries too because they will follow you. Only difference with rivals is the region they are from, the origin region, suffers level drop when destroyed. Machines destroyed add points to the region the player is in.

I have even had a reaper spawn in this area, I closed my map, came back 24 hours later and the reaper appeared in the arena in the Marshlands. Is it expected the reapers should also stay in the region they spawned?

Before the reaper was introduced, the rivals were only used for better loot, very few cared about where they were from and just destroyed them. Now, those of us that prune out rivals due to over population of them have to be selective of which rivals are destroyed, canā€™t just go after a rival because itā€™s in the region you are pruning. Have to analyze if a rival needs to be destroyed and what effects it will have on the region. Canā€™t just recklessly destroy rivals if you want to maintain a region level or reduce a region level.

Removing /fixing this FEATURE, I feel would ruin a major part of game play after all missions are done. When rivals of different regions gather in one area, they come to the aid of each other, fight a reaper and near by rivals and machines come to itā€™s aid. This increases the level of game playability and adds to the risk of just fighting one machine. Get in a fire fight to close to a border and machines close to the bordering region do nothing?

Moved to report covering the same issue.

//Mod

1 Like

**Platform:**PC

**Description:**My zone says that i have 4 Rivals in the forest region and there are none, it also says that i have 3 in the north coast region but only have 2, my famrlands region says 8 rivals with 10 in the zone, my south coast region says 3 rivals with 3 in the zone, my mountain region says 2 rivals but there are 4 and my marshlands says 3 rivals with 4 in the zone

**Steps To Reproduce:**just get rivals and they leave the zone and i have have no idea what rivals belong to what zone

Images / Videos:

**Host or Client:**host

**Players in your game:**1

**Specifications:**intel i9-10850K 3.6GHz 10 core, RTX 3080, 32gb ram, and Z490 GAMING X

Thanks for the report. Merging with main thread.

//Mod

If you click on a Rival you can check out its profile and itā€™ll tell you from which region it was birthed.

Rivals will often leave their Region naturally since they just wander around, but after some updates they will randomly get shuffled around on the map to impossible locations for some reason. Like a Forest Rival appearing in the Marshlands or a South Coast Rival on HimfjƤll.