Rivals to easy to farm / Rivals to weak

We are four Players now in our new game. Before leaving the starting Island we’ve got one ex klaucke, two ex shotguns, one ex grenade launcher and two ex 50 cal. After that the game got very easy in my opinion. I dumped my two ex weapons because of that but the other players love them. They should be harder to Come across considering that our other weapons are blue at best.

Just my opinion.

Everyone complaining about how easy it is to get experimental stuff from the rivals, meanwhile I haven’t even been able to get a single rival to appear. Is there anything special you have to do to trigger them? Have tried killing basically everything within in a region, move on to the next and repeat… How long is it supposed to take? I’ve been playing 10+ hours of this update and still nothing.

Starting to seriously consider that there might be something wrong with my game data :frowning: Other people were basically swimming in time-limited Halloween gear, I barely found any despite killing machines until it felt like a chore…

That should normally do it, I believe.
Or having a machine kill you and randomly evolve.

If it only felt like a chore now, you clearly haven’t done the Challenges.
Good on you!

Also: If you actually positively want the weapons, your life (time to kill + drop rates) might be much better in co-op.

I can only give you my experience:

So in the bottom right corner on your map each area has a score, that score gose up as you kill stuff. (score gose down as rivals spawn/die)

I have usually got rivavls when that score been <1500-3000

If you read my previus posts I mentioned that rivals can be farmed… basically you are more likely to get them if you die to a mech when you got 2000-3000 score in an area, if you wanna be sportmans like, like me. You just gonna have to keep killing in an area until they spawn. They spawn more commonly after big prolonged fight in my experience.

Halloween items:
I found a few of them but not all of them… they might have been tied to enemy types, but I got the shirt and pants. no hat or makeup. You just had tp pray to RNGJesus and hope for the best.

Good luck!

They are already “Super rare”

I’ve got one shotgun out of maybe 30 hrs of playtime!

Now i have about 9-10 level 4 “Rivals” roaming around. And i do not get anything but junk when killing them.

I imagine you guys are like those in Destiny that farmed in the beginning and abused the “lootcaves” then the ordinary guy gets noting!

Hey mate,are U playing on X-one?I can share those x-wepons with you.2day for one hour I found 2 6* PVG90,2 6* shotguns,6* AG-4.But robots not drop ANY gold weapon!I’ve killed mbe 60 FNIX/APO Harvesters and Tanks and not found any 5* weapons/attachments.

Some have reported that Exp weapons have been sort of bugged for them. It seemingly fixed after co-op session. Might be pure observation error due to RNG. Might also be worth a try.

IMHO, Exp weapons should be exactly SUPER RARE, I mean, as per @Generation70:

I do not know what level you are at, I assume about level 20?
Even that I find VERY soon.

Understand this please: EXPERIMENTAL = SUPER high tech, extreme new, hardly even tested… how the heck would you get one of these?
Not even mentioning: MILITARY GRADE stuff!!!
Basically, it should not even EXIST.

So, yes, it should be extremely, VERY extremely rare…
And yes, I already posted about this.
Heck, as I see it, it should even come with a lvl 30 lock?

Note: even a STUPIDLY simple FVM (Full Vision Module, a module that has IR, UV and OPV in one, and YES, this DOES exist!!!) is even harder to obtain.
Logic to this?
ABSOLUTELY non-existent!!!
The Exp should have the FVM drop rate if you ask me.
Well… almost… XD

1 Like

You are kind of on fire rn, Xog. :wink:

1 Like

@pegnose
Uh oooh… I hope that is not a bad thing? O_O

I just can feel the energy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love you too, my man! :smiley:

@pegnose
Do you agree or disagree with my post though, brother?

1 Like

which one?

If you mean the one I commented on, it is a little too far in the realism corner for me again. The game is what the devs have made. Rarity should be based on balancing, not on comparison with other, out-of-game, standards.

2 Likes

@pegnose
My post about the issue at hand:

… and onwards…

See above.

Although it would be nice to have a story embedding that tells us why it is what it is. But we have discussed this already elsewhere.

Over and out for tonight.

1 Like

@pegnose
UGH, I missed that one, my bad.
And… goodnight, sir.
May you dream of nice, hot Ticks. :wink:

Thank you, for that response as well.
Fact!
The Devs ultimately decide.
And there will be always folks on both side of the fence: those asking for harder drop rates and those asking for nigh-instant gratification.
No matter how it rolls, each will speak up, that we can almost expect for sure.

Still, nice to hear your opinion, my friend. :slight_smile:
Respectfully yours… as always. :wink:

1 Like

I played through a second time with a new friend where I made a new char and let him do the story and I basically were just there as backup and a little comfort.

we got 3/4 exp weapons from 4 rivals

most of them were prototype hunters that we swiftly killed.

I basically am lvl 12 ish and I have gotten (with the new char)
exp klauk17
exp 12G
exp PVG-90 (50cal)

and he has gotten a
Exp rocket-launcher
Exp AG4

As far as I know he has not gotten any more… but he got a “all vision module” instead so I guess that is a win…

It seames to be pure luck tbh, (I play on PC)
I heard about ppl who never get them and then there is ppl like me that get a lot of them.

My friend farmed for a 12G for the longest time (2-3d) and finally got one.

It´s just pure RNG. But imo exp weapons should not drop before 5* weapons, aka after like lvl 15-20 imo.

But I guess it´s fine to get the best weapons in the game at lvl 5… as that is ususally the lowest lvl were most ppl see there first rival

._.

1 Like