Rivals with empty inventory - PS4

I’ve destroyed dozens of rivals, and some of them are empty, with nothing to loot.
Also, when I actually do get an experimental, it’s always the same weapon… the worthless shotgun.
Different areas, level 3 and 4 rivals. When they do actually drop anything other than ammo,
it’s another shotgun. I need something powerful to get through some nasty areas, but I just can’t
seem to get a decent drop.
Also… I have quit trying to get anything from hunter rivals. It seems all they ever carry is ammo.
Anyone else having similar issues?

1 Like

It’s all a roll of the dice.
Maybe 1 in 5 Rivals have zero loot, so this is normal. The chance of getting experimentals is low, and supposed to be so. Also, the chance of getting the same weapon several times is naturally the same as getting different ones. Also, I got an exp. KVM59 from a lvl. 3 FNIX Hunter rival, so the chance is always there! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you play online that may be your safest bet to get experimentals. Let others know what you need, and they just might give it to you. There are lots of nice and generous players out there. :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed, sir @NJR87
And this also can lead to no loot at all… or a LOT of loot… and all in between, sir…

Thanks for the info! I’ll just keep fighting the good fight and keeping my fingers crossed…
and hope they don’t get bitten off.

1 Like

Play multiplayer for some hours, the loot gets better, it´s something I noticed a long long time ago.
Even on the other day i played with another person and in 3 hours I got 2 experimental weapons.

Definitely worth considering. Thanks!

One more thing, when I said multiplayer, I mean to play in another player “world”, not on your own with other players.
That is the best way i found to gather better weapons and experimentals.

I’m level 31, solo player… but I occasionally grow weary of getting nuked from a mile away.
Good to hear about some positive options.
I’m having a lot of fun, nonetheless.

1 Like

The “Laser” mortars and missiles are the main culprit i guess?
It´s been that way since April.
The rest is great and there are no crashes.
Make sure to save to a flash drive, I have a feeling that when the update comes, unless you begin a new game, the PS4 version will suffer from similar issues as the Xbox version.

Yes, I’ve already been saving to a flash drive, just in case.
It would be somewhat devastating to lose what I worked so hard to get.

1 Like

The problems have nothing to do with starting a new game, I’m playing on a new save and have the same issues as when I was on my old save.

But what problems?
You did not create the Topic, i did not speak about problems with the current PS4 version.
I only said to save the save data before the upcoming PS4 update arrives( probably with the same issues as Xbox did).
It was not about the CURRENT Xbox and PC crashes and corrupt saves.
PS4 did NOT RECEIVE the same UPDATE the XBOX version did.
The LAST Update the PS4 received was on April 2020.
Next time read before writing.