Robots using CPU resources unnecessarily causing low frames

PS4 single player 1.06

This isn’t so much a bug as it is a cause of excessively low frame rates at times. I also did not notice this prior to 1.06.

I was at the west bunker at the airfield during the flying blind mission near the weapons bunker. Several robots (I think 2 tanks? and some hunters) were all attacking me even though I was underground and they had no way to actually hit me. The main problem with this is my frame rate slowed to the point where it was nearly unplayable, literally 5 frames per second at times. I’ve done a bit of game design and scripting, and it seems that a bit of code, could tell their AI not to attack if the player is underground or otherwise totally protected from damage. Just have them resume their patrol if all players are in a bunker, or have them wait at the exits.

1 Like

I experienced the same thing, with the low frame rate. I don’t know exactly how low but I t was totally unplayable a couple of moments and the fan sounded like the afterburner on the SAAB 37 Viggen :wink:

My issue occurred in Kålleby, west of Minken bunker, with just a harvester and a couple of runners present. I was undetected at the time. Utterly strange…

I’m also on the PS4, 1.06.

1 Like

Thanks, sounds unrelated though if you were undetected and they weren’t firing at you.

1 Like

Yeah I mean, it does seem “understandable” in cases like yours, when there are a lot of enemies around and the combat is all high… like a lot of stuff going on. But that wasn’t the case for me so one can wonder what that was all about…

It’s just that I’ve never experienced that kind of lag in any game on the PS4 before and the way you described it seemed so similar to what happened to me :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ps4 pro 1080 tv not 4k so twice the gpu speed, supersampling on, VS my wifes trusty base ps4 we started at airbase overly ran all over until lagg , RESULT was base ps4 less laggy :+1: ps4 pro serious amount of lagg , i think the dev’s have acknowledged this issue and prob gonna try and resolve this issue in june across all Hardware format’s, i cheers

1 Like

Got just the same set up and settings as you, @TherotcoD. Odd that the base PS4 got less laggy… Have you encountered that kind of lag often or was that like an one time thing? So far this has only happened to me once (peppar, peppar, ta i trä) and hopefully it will get sorted out in a not so distant hot fix. But then again, I guess all games has their limits and sometimes they seem to overrun and overwhelm themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Happens every time usually 30 mins plus into game not always busy screen , , still i completed game after 3rd deletion of save due to broken missions , now i eagerly await bug fixe’s and content , bring me my exploding robot dog and rambo exploding Bow arrows and fixe me bug’s please , cheers

1 Like

Haha! Yep, still a handful of bugs to root out obviously… Cheers

1 Like

Hi peeps the only times ive ever sufferd lag on PS4 is
Connection lag,Error occurence and the worst one of all wich i beleive it could be this one example:When you play any strategy game like command & conquer or dungeons the gameplay is perfect until you over run the sourrounding area with units or movemeant usage like oc3 says.Ive not experianced this type of long low frame lag in any other 1st person shooter on PS4.What i dont get is if someone could explain this is that some PC owners exceed the minimum requiremeants by far and it still happens to them.:thinking:

1 Like

Robots never use unnecessary CPU resources.
They use what is given to them… :stuck_out_tongue:

@Xogroroth it’s a bug report , so bug out and stop spamming

1 Like