Rocket Runners With No Rockets

Hi guys,

Um. Nearly the most dangerous machine in the game is the Rocket Runner. Now I am always desperate for rockets (blame my algorithm perhaps - I always do), and having taken on three rocket dogs at once several times, I feel it should be natural (not to say fair) to get rockets back. Not a bit of it. When I take on a Harvester I always know which was the rocket dog because it is empty. Huh? Not right. Rocket dogs should carry rockets. I can’t find them anywhere else - most of the Tanks offer me eight smoke rockets or four EMP rockets. That’s just taking the mick!

Rocket Runners should give us (on their deathbeds, and with their blessing), two rockets.

I am willing to beg.

1 Like

@Bootie
As said in the other topic: brings back both the need for tactics and stealth.
No more “mr. NukeItAll”, no more gun… errr… bazooka slinger.

Imma going online now and check these sweets for myself!!! XD

Thank you, Avvey!!!

By what tactic, my good mate, can I produce rockets? Tell me, and I shall employ it at once…

3 Likes

@Bootie
No, less ammo = requirement of getting back to basics, sir.
Once you run out, be caweful.
Be VEWY caweful!!!

We were already FAR too OP, this MIGHT just take it back one of the 5000 notches to recover…

I get your point somewhat Xog, but that mostly applies to this game when you’re still doing missions and such. Once you’ve finished everything the base game offers, and you’ve gotten every single collection and achievment, all that’s left to do, more or less, is to hunt and kill machines. And for that we need ammo, and lots of it! :grin:

But then of course, if the devs wants to push the playerbase to use more of the utilities, like mines and whatnot, setting up traps, utilizing the enviroment more, I can see the point in nerfing ammo drops across the board. I’ve noticed a real decline in 7.62 ammo myself, at least to what I was used to, from the limited time I’ve had to play post patch.

2 Likes

@OGDH
Well… as I!!! see it: if you have it all, did it all, seen it all?
Time to delete save and restart?

But this comes with a HORRIBLE GAMEBREAKING problem.
The machines are SO FRAKKING DUMB!!!
There just is NO fun in it anymore.

Which is why I stopped playing, though I so love the game: the ABSOLUTE LACK of competition, threat, and thus the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT!

And THEN I can see where you go at.

Then again, a fair question: how fun is it to you to kill basically totally prone targets?

EDIT: Fiext few tyops.

That’s a question for another thread I guess! :slight_smile:

But I agree. I wrote about it in another thread, where I pushed the thought about the game moving in a direction where the player would be the hunted instead of the hunter.

1 Like

@OGDH
We sure [need] could use that, aye…

They might have rockets to loot, they might not. Perhaps you blew up it’s magazine, or it was simply out by the time you killed it.

Or, it could be a different kind of munition altogether that doesn’t fit the Granatgevär.

As for the Rocket Runner itself… There’s a whole separate circle of hell for that kind of enemy :smile:

2 Likes

Hmmm. One in ten has rockets. If it were 50% I could live with it. Everything else in the game drops something, even if it is useless to you - rocket dogs, not so much. If it fires rockets at me, it should have the grace to give me some back when I’ve killed it. I’m not moving, and I won’t be mollified! :rage:

That was changed in June’s Update with Machine Loot. Before that, every machine gave you ammo true to the weapon they had, given that you didn’t shoot the weapon off from the machine. Now, you’ll get the ammo you used against the machine.

Speaking of that RPG Runner, i just iced it alongside 2x others by dropping 2x HE rockets into middle of the pack and got 2x HE rockets back from it. Btw, Apo hunter is the deadliest enemy in the game. RPG Runner is at 5th spot or so. At least to me.

Nah, rocket runners have never regularly given back rockets. When they first appeared, I thought it was a bug, that there was nothing to loot. Eh? One in five or sometimes ten gives you two rockets, but they all should - I am always gasping for rockets. And only military hunters and apo runneres give me what I use to take them down - oh, and tanks. But then the militaries use 7.62, and so do the apo runners. My system must have scabbed the update!

I said above - I get nothing that I can use from Harvesters, or any other runner than the apo, and nothing, save sometimes a medpack, from Hunters otheer than the military. Hardly worth looting!

I’ve gotten 2x HE rockets from RPG runners consistently. The pipeline (getting HEs from runners) was closed in November’s Update but January’s Update has opened the pipeline again, at least for me.

In that sense, i’d trade my plentiful ammo drops with your game stability. :wink:

Yeah, I don’t bother to read all the bug reports, 'cos I don’t get them. I feel desperate for you lot. I’ll put up with the ammo lack - it sometimes flows well and then I stock the Plundra. I just think this is a matter or principle! :face_with_monocle:

Come and play in my game if it’d help… :slight_smile: