RPG launcher still to weak afer 1.07

No worries, sarcasm can be hard to convey on the interwebs :slight_smile:

To give a bit more context in regards to just how frustrating the heavy weapons can be, as I am still bitter about it; I fought an FNIX harvester (with entourage) and a military tank at the F23 airbase yesterday. It was night and overcast so my only point of reference was the machines’ face lights.

I had planned to take out at least two FNIX big bois for some rare loot and had thus hoarded 18 HEDP shells, in my infinite wisdom believing it to be a sufficient amount. I decided to take out the tank first, hoping that the harvester’s bodyguards would leave us alone. They didn’t. Absolute mayhem ensued, nowhere to retreat but the hangars. I had no time to whip out the binoculars to ogle the tank’s anatomy because FNIX runners and hunters kept flanking me.

I tried to get behind the tank but it wouldn’t stop following me. After being hit with 16 shells (two missed) I managed to finish it off with the AK4. Meanwhile, the harvester just did harvester things such as not quite daring to engage, although it kept a close eye on the disagreement between me and the tank regarding its continued existence. To celebrate my victory, however pyrrhic, and that reason had somewhat prevailed, I magdumped all 52 .50 FMJ rounds I had into the harvester with no apparent result.

I was underwhelmed. I’d’ve used up the rest of my small arms munitions in a desperate attempt to salvage at least my pride, when an angry FNIX tank showed up, perhaps because the anti-materiel rifle was causing a ruckus in the middle of the night. This was my cue to bravely flee the scene; down 18 HEDP shells, 52 .50 FMJ rounds, 480 7.62mm FMJ rounds, just as many armour piercing SMG rounds and all my explosive devices, with absolutely zip-diddly-doo-squat to show for it.

In conclusion, the heavy weapons in Generation Zero need to be a lot more powerful. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I think the biggest issue here is how hyper-sensitive the game is to where exactly you hit a bot. It’s not just heavy weapons either, but pretty much everything has to be dead-on on the weak points or it does almost no damage whatsoever.

I find this to be an issue with Tanks and Harvesters. Encountering charging hunters and runners i just use the AG4 with controlled bursts with AP rounds centre of mass. That usually brings them down rather quickly in most cases.

If that doesnt work i run away screaming like a little girl and hide…

Jomjom79

2 Likes

Perhaps they should just add a dedicated AP rocket and rename the HEDP to straight HE, which is what it behaves like

Give the AP rocket almost no splash (must score direct hits) but if you do connect (especially with something important) it should be really impactful

1 Like