Russian Nesting Dolls Lore (SPOILERS)

I Agree I think at some point a US presence will appear. But we have to realise the game has changed now. The USSR launched a nuke at Ostertorn. The US would probably be having a seizure over it

1 Like

I must admit I was rather disappointed when I read that the Skinnarbol crater was supposedly caused by a russian nuclear missile… It’s just illogical!

For a nuke to cause such a limited amount of destruction, it would have to be very, very small. Probably no more than 0,1 kilotons. I’m not even sure missiles with that small nukes exist. So why not just use a conventional missile?

«Little Boy», dropped on Hiroshima with a yield of 15 kilotons would be enough to destroy almost all of Östertörn.
A warhead from an ICBM with a yield of 300-500 kilotons would be enough to vaporize the surface of Östertörn entirely.

…and not to mention the radioactive fallout.

Lots of things still don’t make sense regarding the soviet lore.

12? I have only 10.

But, yes she is alive, fixed up by a mysterious talking machine (doll 10)

1 Like

Low yield tactical nuke. Blast radius of about 500m and very low radiation. Both the US and the Soviets had them in the hundreds during the eighties.

There are also artilery nuke shells available, US, Russia and China have them, others will probably have them too, they have different blast radius.

There are also Nuclear Torpedos, but those of course can´t be used outside of Water.

And for last, homemade nuclear bombs, also called dirty bombs can have all types of sizes, blast radius and different components and compounds.

The point of the bomb was to take out the bunker that housed the computers that were going to be used to reprogram the Sweden machines. With the Sweden machines being more docile towards humans and confused when attacked by Soviet machines, the bomb must have been successful. The Soviet machines are more aggressive towards humans and are actively hunting the Sweden machines.

Lore suggests that is what Bolshakov was doing before the blast. Bolshakov could also be taking the underground train to another bunker with more computers with the capacity to reprogram the Sweden machines.

There was Sweden machines that were helping Tereshkova with intel and replaced his busted leg. Does that mean the Sweden machines could start being friends of the resistance instead of the enemy? Tereshkova is Soviet and there are perhaps Soviets in exo-suits that could be friend or foe.

I believe that there are also conventional (non-nuclear) weapons that yield an area of destruction as seen at the crater’s blast area. Without fallout.

2 Likes

OMG, that would be the coolest thing if in the next DLC you got to hack and control Wolves. Fighting alongside a Wolf is already cool enough, but now they might be able to use their “bridge protocol” to help the player get around. Whatever it is. Do I dare hope to ride one?

On a side note, lets hope Bolshakov is actually dead…

Imma just mention this now. If we do get to hack / regain control / ride / or fight beside the Soviet machines, then it had better be for the whole game and not just for a certain mission. Maybe you should have to complete a certain mission to be able to hack them with your binoculars and fix them but it should definitely be for the whole game. Pls don’t just give this power to us for just one mission.

Maybe scout class Wolves should have some sort of small platform or railing on the side for soldiers to hold onto, kinda like the old Sherman tanks and stuff like that had. Not usable for the player, but a nice detail.

the wolf’s vision module is only in the front and it probably wouldn’t notice if someone jumped on xd

1 Like

OK I was poking around Littorp and I found one of the Russian Dolls (on a hilltop with a camping area, wood pallets and bed) the title was “We Promised Them Protection” and when I picked it up it didn’t show in log… maybe a mistake by the devs? I only found it because several Mechs were fighting (FNIX and Russian) and I wanted to get a good look before moving into the area… My guess is that next update will show more dolls…

2 Likes

We Promised Them Protection is the name of letter in the seventh bottle of the signs of a resistance collectables.

The closest hill around Littorp that also has a bed and pallets, is this one, however it has no doll. It has the 4th bottle. (see pic)

Or were you just over the border in the North Coast since there are machines fighting each other a lot and is close to Littorp?

2 Likes

Yeah I just found it in my logs… according to the log that’s bottle #07

Pretty sure Tatiana is a she.

And you are right. She’s also the one who writes “the journal of a Soviet soldier” found in the mission “One Last Excursion”. There she reveals that the talking machine’s name is FNIX.

1 Like

The a at the end of Tereshkova would indicate female gender so use she. Nice summary though.

What about a massive fuel-air (thermobaric, moab) type bomb? Easily a kilometre radius and no fallout. The radioactive stuff in the crater is likelyy from radioactive materials stored on the site.

Maybe they have modded one of the firebirds which was intended to crash from high above on the enemies instead of fighting the like normal firebirds

Very old topic…
Firebirds came later.
The answer is in the lore of the nesting dolls.
It was a nuclear warhead, even if just a small one.