Salthomen naval bunker mission "Another Castle" (Locked door despite having turned on generator)

Well Bert, I suppose it’s about perspective like yourself I’ve seen a lot of different states the game has been in. Don’t get me wrong, Bowi is 100% correct - you shouldn’t be put in a position where extremes are needed ( like the newbie I mentioned ) to progress through the MSQ.

That said, I suppose in all my years of gaming now, and the numerous issues from titles over the years - this stuff does happen, so kinda like the gun theory with solutions. Better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have one.

I agree, I would rather use a solution and keep playing than to not have a solution at all.
I think however, that the devs have no idea where to look to fix this problem. If they can’t reliably find the cause it’s pretty hard to get rid of it, isn’t it? Mysterious bugs are most persistent.

I have to say that I have kept away from multiplayer, and I believe that the mixing up of both single and multiplayer modes lies at the root of most problems. That’s why I have been spared from most game-breaking bugs. That, or Karma really exist. :grinning:

1 Like

FYI, this save was single player only.

Also, just to be clear, if I was to reload my save, the problem would probably be fixed by now, as shown in the long video.

Good. I would keep it that way, but that is because I don’t like playing with other people. :blush:

Hopefully someone at Systemic Reaction will reply and tell me whether I need to write a bug report and upload my saves. I don’t want to create a report for no reason.

This topic is a bug report and acknowledged.

But consequently the more suggestions and bug reports people write, the longer it will take to read all the reports and suggestions. So I guess they only reply on the most serious of problems.

2 Likes

I knew I had already reported this bug, but it seems to just keep popping up for me.

I’m on an Xbox One, same as before. This is after a reset, it’s the same bug just acting differently.
The two doors leading into the bunker both have the “no power” message attached to them, despite them being the only way into the bunker and coupled with the “switch the power back on” objective. I’m stuck in a loop of just not being able to turn the power on and not get in.

I don’t know why it keeps popping up, honestly just seems to happen after some major updates, same with seeing missions you’ve already completed before.

Relog, this has been an issue since Landfall dropped where everyone that starts fresh cannot enter.

Im having a different issue lol I turned on the power in the Saltholmen bunker collected everything and its still telling me to look for clues and doors are still locked

I thought that mission was bug-fixed recently. :thinking:

The most recent update seemed to re-introduce some old bugs and break some previously added features. Crazy that THIS would be one of the bugs that came back, though. Looks like this was a bug from LONG ago…

Almost like the devs were working from an old build, to do the update. Should always be working from a current/live build, not an ages-old build…