Salthomen naval bunker mission "Another Castle" (Locked door despite having turned on generator)

Mission name ‘another castle’

What’s wrong: video will explain

see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agVitRn72CI
When it´s here allowed to copy the link from youtube?

Yeah his isn’t bugged mines not working or telling me what to do

show at video and you win the mission

Heyo, I can see the issue you’re having. The generator’s activated but the doors are still locked and you’re still not allowed to continue. This looks like a bug to me, I’ll send it along the appropriate channels so it can be looked at proper.

2 Likes

Thankyou that’s very helpful!

1 Like

Hey @DystopianGZ :wave:

How does your log look for the mission? Which objective are you on? IF you could upload a screenshot of your log that would be great!

Which platform are you on? IF you (or someone else experiencing this issue) is on PC and would be up for providing us with an affected save file that would help a lot!

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

1 Like

I play xbox and the log just says ‘find entrance to salthomen naval bunker’. I’ll provide a screenshot when I can.

Platform PC Steam Single Player

I completed the Another Castle mission some time ago but it’s now shown up in my log saying “Find the entrance to Saltholmen Naval Base Bunker”

Problem is when I go to the bunker the mission does not activate.

When I turn on the power nothing happens and the 2 locked doors cannot be opened.

I’ve completed every other main mission and side mission in Generation Zero except for this one.

I thought all these main missions were meant to be fixed…?

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I’ve loved every second of this game and I had only minor bug issues until now. Very frustrating that I cannot complete the game.

i7 1080ti - All Gen Zero updates installed.

1 Like

Isn’t there a tick jammer and a radio to use outside of the bunker in this mission?

Yep I completed this mission months ago. See my 2 attachments. 100% complete yet still showing in my log saying to find the entrance to the naval bunker. I go there try to power the place up and nothing happens, both doors locked. Log doesn’t progress past find the entrance.

Hey @dbdigi :wave: And sorry for the late response!

I totally understand if you do not remember since it’s been a while, but thought I’d ask just in case; When you completed this mission the first time were you by any chance a client in a multiplayer session?

I have seen recent reports of this issue and was wondering if you (OR someone else experiencing this issue on PC) would be up for providing us with a save file affected with this issue?

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

Threads merged. :broom:

/Mod

2 Likes

I had aswell already completed this mission ALONG time ago but I remember joining a multi server and they happened to be doing that mission. When I rejoined my server/world the mission was there. This has happened for quite a few missions but all have been easy to re do. This one just doesn’t seem to work for whatever reason.

1 Like

Hey don’t know if anyone had the same thing as me but I had the opposite the door was locked even tho I’ve seen it open on others videos when I reloaded my game it was fixed weird bug lmao

I also had troubles with this mission, a few minutes ago. All the doors in that bunker from the video were locked. Once I reloaded my save (did not have to close the game), I went back to the door, had to kill the bots again (?!), and the door was green.

I closed the game and decided to check whether I was alone with this bug.

Now, I’m trying to understand whether I need to send the video I made (I record my sessions) as well as my save files (I make backups every 10 minutes). :man_shrugging:

I’m currently uploading a 75 minutes video on YouTube, just in case.

There’s another thread about my specific bug: Saltholmen Naval bunker, both outside doors are locked

Here’s the video.

Is this bug still on your to-do list? That’s important for me, because I want to know if you are still fixing story progression bugs.

I’ll chip in on this one, only because a very long time friend has taken the plunge and started playing and experienced the same problem. Now I will say this was XBOX specific ( an old one as well ) but in principle may also work on other platforms, but again - only his fix, not mine.

Fast travel away from area, but make sure the mission is still active in the log. Restart the game, then fast travel back to the nearest safehouse to the naval bunker you have, but during the load sequence ( the cassette part ) hard reset the console from the X button.

When the game re loaded, and resynced his profile the door was open.

Yeah, but the point Bowi is making is that he doesn’t like playing this game if story progression bugs aren’t fixed.

How is your play urge for this game nodays Alias, you being on Xbox with all it’s problems. I “almost never” (never say never :laughing:) hear you whimper. You keep going, even when the going is tough. Great character trait.