Saltholmen Naval bunker, both outside doors are locked

Both outside doors to the Saltholmen Naval bunker are locked. I have been trying to figure out how to unlock them, nothing is working. I have done all the main missions that I can prior to this one. I can’t get into the Saltholmen naval bunker. I’ve been trying to for 3 days and nothing is working. I play on Xbox. What am I doing wrong??

1 Like

Have you collected the Bar Codes from Machines in the area? You need them to access the bunker.

I loot every machine that I kill, I got all 3 barcodes for the bunker just prior to the naval bunker. None of the machines at the naval base that I killed and looted had any barcodes.

1 Like

If you relog, the bunker doors should have power allowing you access. People fixed it this way on the Discord and i managed to myself in a fresh save.

1 Like

What do you mean relog

Log out to the menu of the game, then log back in.

I did that for the last 3 days, I did it yesterday to see if it would let me progress. The door was magically unlocked this time. I just enters the farmlands region from Saltholmen and no missions are poppping up besides the wakeboard mission. Is there supposed to be side missions and main missions in other regions or just the start of the game?

There are main and side-missions in all regions. Each bunker has a Warroom with a Warboard. On that warboard you can activate one or more missions. For the side-missions a mission icon can sometimes just pop-up when you come in proximity of the side-mission location.

More detailed:

There is one bunker with a warboard per region. Except himfjäll, there it is not in a bunker.

The blue icon for the side-mission can be seen in your compass if you’re close enough… Like savehouses.

I stumbled upon this problem today playing with a rather fresh host. All doors were locked with “no power” prompt.

I suggested to do another mission (First Contact → Beachhead). Then we returned to naval base, and doors were unlocked.

1 Like

Oh… I think this is related to:

Wrong door.

We were unable to enter the naval bunker, and the doors mentioned in linked topic are inside.

Oh… I’m confused…

Is this related to that door: https://youtu.be/r-GL1qDiqqM?t=1647
And that one inside: https://youtu.be/r-GL1qDiqqM?t=1692 ?

No, both doors that you linked are the outside doors (there is another one on top of the mountain). All of those had no power.

Inside doors can be seen here, in the area with racks.

I though you said that you also have troubles with the outside doors, like me.

I don’t think bar codes are a thing for the Saltholmen Bunker. Those are for the Vesslan bunker, if I remember correctly.

By the way, my personal problem was identical to @0L0:

As soon as you enter in the bunker’s antechamber (well… It looks like an antechamber), the objective switches to “Switch the power back on…”, and the door inside is not interactable because of “no power”.

Like @Indominus-J wrote, saving and reloading is the current workaround.

I submitted a thorough, step-by-step bug report on support.generation-zero.com.

Considering this is a very early-game mission, I think fixing this should be in the priority list.

You are correct on this, Vesslan bunker got the bar codes while Naval bunker just required you to open the door without any.

1 Like

It’s really weird… We should be able to interact with the door as soon as the objective switches to “Switch the power back on…"

I understand why developers would like to “gate” this bunker to block gamers from free roaming without any goal, but this seems like an appropriate trigger to make the door “interactive” (or whatever the best words is :sweat_smile:).

HUD icons like the yellow “Interact”, “Go To”, or “Destroy” ones already change dynamically with the upper left notifications, based on different variables, like the geolocation, I would hope that this specific bug could be solved similarly.

Has this bug really been around since 2019?

No idea but during my multiple playthroughs pre Landfall always allowed me to enter door, it seems Landfall wouldve made this bug extremely common and happen to every new save.

1 Like