Scammer on Xbox

The scammer is well known on Xbox group looking posts for scamming people, he tells people that people who scammed him are saying he’s the scammer to get people to trust him. He stole my buddy’s experimental kvm in a trade then kicked him out of the game. He has also scammed many other players and Xbox is doing nothing about it, I’ve wanted to help with the situation, but there is nothing I can do.

2 Likes

Best course of action: avoid him.

As far as stealing goes - that isn’t possible in the game. No-one can take any item from your inventory or from your Plundra.

And about trading in general - it’s good business to trade smaller, less value items with strangers and higher value items with friends whom you trust. Unless you’re willing to cut your losses if trade goes sour.

In the end, trading is minuscule part of the game since loot is plentiful and it’s relatively easy to replace lost items. It’s not like you have to grind 100 gameplay hours just to get 1 item, as it is in some other games.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s part of the EULA or Code of Conduct (feel free to correct me on this), but I think it would be best if we didn’t encourage naming and shaming in the community, due to the possibility of framing people.

What I think you can do, is like @Aesyle says. Perhaps warn people ingame if you encounter the player again.

I’ll post a detailed description on how this “scammer”
Operates soon as I do have knowledge about this and it will come with a kinda crude diagram aswell.

1 Like

@Zesiir It wouldn’t be framing if it’s a Organised group going around scamming people

•It’s the only way they get away with it.

The scammer guide for this person:

1. Invite the victim to the game

2. Make the victim stand 25meter (Approx)
    From the scammer

2b. Position the scammers orther friends One behind the victim with 3 Explosive Fuel cells
And the orther friend to pretend to be a Middle man

1. Get the scammer and victim to place both weapons on the floor.

2. The moment they are about to run the scammer will shoot the explosive fuel cells behind the victim launching them a long distance away from the trade position.

3. Profit in their eyes.
    And a heavy loss for the victim as the “Scammer” only trades experimentals.

Notice: Diagrams to come soon I’m still testing out digital programs.

We’ve decided not to allow naming and shaming, due to complications that may arise. So I’m editing out the player name in the title. Other that though, I don’t mind if there are a few tips about avoiding scammers in general, seems like some good can come out of that.

@Zesiir That’s fine but this “person” has thought very well in refining this strategy so do let everyone to just be “informed” of this guide about how this scam works

That is refined strategy? :astonished: I’d say it’s crude strategy wasting resources (gas cans) and overly complex (needing to have 2-3 people).

As far as tips on avoiding scams go, it’s not the scammers and their strategy that makes the scamming work - it’s the uninformed people that let themselves to be scammed.

For example: if someone places gas can at your feet, don’t stay at that spot.
Unless you’re completely oblivious and don’t know what gas cans do. Since scammers can blow you to kingdom come and get away with the loot.

Also, do all trades 1vs1. If there are more people in the session, get long away from others and make a 1vs1 trade.

1 Like