Scope and Vision Module Resetting on Ammo Change

Platform:
PC

Description:
Changing the ammunition type in a weapon resets the xoom of the scope and the mode of the visoin module.

Steps To Reproduce:
Choose a weapon with a scope and a vision module. Aim at an object downsights and zoom in. Select a vision mode. Drag a different type of ammunition to the weapon (e.g. swap Soft Point for FMJ). Aim downsights at the same object as before. Scope will now be at its lowest zoom, and the vision module will have to reset to off.

Images / Videos:
Demonstration with two rifles here.

Host or Client:
Both

Players in your game:
Solo or more, makes no difference.

Specifications:
Win7 1050Ti, 8GB RAM, PhenomII 475 I think.
Win10, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, i5-9400.

Yes, it’s a minor thing. I think it’s related to the fire mode changing after ammo change - The “attachments” have changed so the weapon resets everything.

2 Likes

Can confirm.

(characters)

1 Like

Confirmed. As soon as -anything- changes regarding the attachments (attach, detach, swap out), the entire weapon resets to the default settings.

It’s not always a real problem but to call it a “minor thing” is just “too polite” and a bit of an understatement, in my humble opinion. :wink:

Having to re-configure your scope mid-fight after already frantically swapping the ammo can be quite deadly. Especially in the dark (which it, obviously, is most of the time).

1 Like