Searching for wood

So here I am looking for the new ( I think its new?) resource wood to build my base. It seems wood is really rare in the GZ universe…

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

!

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

No wood here

!

Finally I found some wood!!!

I dont know, but I think wood should be more common than it is right now…?

What do you think?

I’m even leaning towards having base buildings be either free or cost something else than something you must grind (or search) to get?

This game is turning more and more into a grinding game? Grind machines for zone points to spawn rivals, grind to spawn reaper, grind rivals for that loot you want, search/grind for crafting mats for base or clothing…

Grind grind grind…

Discuss?

The game has always had a certain grinding factor, that’s inherent when there are weapon rarities :slight_smile: as for Wood, it spawns in civilian containers like backpacks and suitcases, which makes certain cities and especially the Björnturnet Hotel on Himfjäll extremely efficient farming places for it.

I do think, that there should be wood lying around on the floor in places like lumberyards.

1 Like

There is a glitch you can use to get more wood. Teleport to your base and to a random place away from your base and teleport back. You should see wood piles in your base again. Repeat these steps. You can check tenebrisinfinte video for more information.

1 Like

You need the lumberjack perk, and the experimental charge. Hit the white boxes on the house and the house implodes. Wood on the steps.

1 Like

Some tips of the trade:

• Around the home base, you can collect up to 14 pieces of Wood and they all respawn. In 1 gameplay hour or so.
  • For other wood sources, loot the loot bags, suitcases and metal tool boxes (with angular, roof-like lid).
  • For best looting spot: Bear hotel in Himfjäll. My 1st trip there resulted in 91 wood and my 2nd trip there resulted in 125 wood.

Well there is so much wood laying around in this game (Wooden pick nick table, wooden benches, wooden porches, packing thralls, even full logs), so its silly. :slight_smile:

Also while you can recycle your own base buildings, you should technically be able to recycle other abandoned resistance camps where there are buildings such as walls and sniper towers, etc, etc.

I wish this game cared for a bit more consistency. It looks so realistic, that I get a bit angry when so unrealistic game mechanics are added.

Seriously, who carries 14 pieces of wood in their toolbox, or backpack?

Well you get me, I just needed to vent it.

2 Likes

You’re right though, realistically it doesn’t make a lot of sense. There’s not a lot you can do with small wooden pieces you find in a toolbox. Not to mention the Home Base is located next to a huge sawmill and large deforestation areas. If anything I’d look for supplies there.

1 Like

Me and the bois at 3AM looking for WOOD

There’s a lot of trees in the game. You get wood from trees so why not cut them down?

Why would you build a base with wood against machines that would destroy it in seconds?

When’s the next update? Hope it brings something better then this one

The devs mentioned this on a stream a LONG time ago, someone brought up that Tanks should be able to cut down trees with their machine gun fire and it was Graham I believe who said that that wouldn’t even be possible because that’s not what the engine was designed for.

If they were to even start trying to meet your very big demands, it would take them an entire year or more to completely redo their engine just so you could get a couple of logs

For the wood round the base - teleport out of the Region and back in and they’ve respawned. I know, I know, I know what you’ll say - I thought teleporting was for losers? Yeah, yeah, I can change my mind, can’t I?

I do use it for shopping, and also, since I bought a new computer I started a new game from scratch. When you are a newbie again, you teleport a lot - it’s only after endgame that cycling renews the game…

Well, that’s what you’re saying. I’ve never said that. On the contrary, i find fast travel a good way to move around the map, once you’ve hiked to each and every safehouse to unlock them first. And i don’t use bikes at all. Too cumbersome.

1 Like

Made a video on an improved farm:

There are 3 more, 1 at the top of one of the radio towers, and two at the broken roof.

Wood farming??? …wood is everywhere! 5-15 units in every second backpack and toolbox.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when you pick up wood (or any other resource) lying out in the open, doesn’t that always contain only 1 unit? If so, won’t searching bags and boxes be the fastest way to “farm” wood? :thinking:

Good point. For me the much bigger problem is finding steel :wink:
Wood I have plenty of.

You and me both! I’m always low on steel after I built my base… :wink:

And low on steel = low on .50 cal!

Cars + some steel spawns around the base + the broken bridge, just SE of the base also has several freely placed steel pieces that too respawn. :slight_smile: Oh, pre-disabled machines (runners, hunters) also contain steel.

It does not give only 1 wood. That run gave me 16 per run. Though it may vary. The point of my farm is to get wood when you had dried up all the main loot spots, like klinte or ostervik. I like searching for wood the ‘regular’ way sometimes as it allows me to farm other things. But if I need some quick wood, it is always there.

You have to be extremely lucky. I found wood on every ~20th civilian toolbox / backpack / suitcase what i open.

Base location wood piles have like 1-3 on each pile, finding even one time wood from containers gives more than you can pick from that base site.