Sensitive controller, movement issue

My character moves around on its own and it makes it very frustrating to play! I have tried 3 controllers including a brand new one so it isn’t in the hardware. I am playing on PS4 it does it on single player and multiplayer. I was host. And it does this constantly.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of this before on any platform, is there any way you can record what’s happening or try to replicate it?

@Zesiir , i have reported same thing many months ago and sent graham a more detailed description ._ it is the ( Left Analog Stick ) the Deadzone setting is Too Low , even New Contollers can be affected , there could do with being a Setting being added for Sensitivity on movement stick . Ps4 ._. Thank’s

1 Like

I’m not saying it isn’t a bug but I own a PS4 pro. 1st standard than 1 failed pro actually. Now I’m on my 3rd console which is another pro.
I’ve had 2 newer version controllers do that same thing. Opened the last one up and found it was some issues of poor quality control. Had glue drip lines on the back and the analog was super dirty. The glue was making it so when I zoomed with L2 it would move my toon. And when I let go than my toon kept slowly waking forward.
This may not be the case. Just some advice for others that have hardware issues.

Have you tried resetting the controller?
It’s a long shot but have you also tried rebooting data?

Also I use mine with a cable instead of Bluetooth. I have not had this problem so maybe that’s something why I’ve not experienced it.

1 Like

Hello mr warpig , thanks for your tips and insight , reseting controller only results in controller wiping data as to which machine switched it on . I work in a computer shop i have tried new and old pads its not the pads i already reported what it was a few months back they need to move deadzone setting from a 8 to 15 percent or add a slider setting . Their Hunting game COTW suffers with the same pad deadzone problem aswell ,. So both games affected , cheers

2 Likes

Too add to this , we at the shop tried a brand new ps4 crystal pad few weeks ago and the dead zone was reading left -6 and right + 11 which means on most games set at deadzone 8 your charcter would move left with out human touching pad ._ most game developers add a slider in settings for self adjustment or they set game at a comfortable -15 / +15 so all new and old pads will work with no problem . I hope this helps anybody who has had these problems . Cheers to the forum :+1:

1 Like

On borderlands 3 you can turn off both left and right dead. Turning off the left dead zones made my toon do this annoying moving motion.

1 Like

So if it’s got to do with controllers, analogue sticks and dead zones, can you guys confirm if this is actually bug-related or just a matter of settings?

1 Like

It is not bug related Xesr , it is Setting’s . a minor over sight on developers side as too how much a movement stick can be pushed before on screen actions happen , older controllers can have wear so developers will do one of two things , 1. Put a Dzone slider , ( Wreckfest has one Dirt rally ) , or 2. Set it between 11 to 15 . This game on ps4 is On 7 or 8 , and even brand new controllers suffer with this , cheers

1 Like

Hi PS4 players please use windows to check if your ps4 controllers have any faults follow this short video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92CqEgzEzZg skip 1:20 mins for how to connect ps4 controller to windows and test function , go on people check your Dead-Zones . Thanks

1 Like

Okay cool, thanks for telling. I’ll move this topic to Feedback & Feature Requests and change the title a bit so it’s more forthcoming. Thanks for helping out with the issue, guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes