Separate loot boxes/containers for certain stuff

We already have ammo boxes. What about…

• Backpacks for clothing
  • Blue tool boxes for weapon attachments
  • Green for utility such as grenades, flares etc.

You know what I mean, other games have that. That could make the looting a little more fluent. Say I don’t need and grenades or flares for now, I could just omit them.

What do you think?

3 Likes

In vanilla game there are 5x different types of “loot boxes”:

Backpack - first aid kits, a-shots, flares, fireworks, lockpicks, clothing
Tool box with handle on top - all in backpack + weapon mods (and can’t remember currently what else it holds)
Small gray metal box - ammo
Big green wooden box - either ammo OR utility: grenades, mines, flares, weapon mods, a-shots, first aid kits
Long wooden crate - weapons, weapon mods

Alpine Unrest brought 2x more:
Big square suitcase - first aid kits, a-shots, flares, clothing
Big round edges travel case - same as in suitcase

Knowing what they hold enables you to skip them if you don’t want their contents. E.g if my first aid kits are full, i completely avoid backpacks and tool boxes.

Thank you for listing that. But I already know. It is a mess, right? There is basically no skipping because everything is all over the place. My idea was to make things easier.

Something like a med pack for all things med related. To make looting more easy, clearer.

Well, it’s not perfect but it gets the job done.

Also, giving each different loot set it’s own loot box complicates things not because what they contain but how many there could be.
E.g:
Big white wooden box with red/green cross on it - first aid kits, a-shots, paramedic response packs
Big orange wooden box (already in game but forgot to list before) - flares and fireworks
Big green wooden box - grenades, mines, rockets (chaff, smoke, EMP, HE)
Big black wooden box - ammo packs, field radio
Backpack - clothing
Tool box - lockpicks, weapon mods
Long wooden crate - weapons
Small white metal box - Möller ammo
Small brown metal box - Glock and SMG ammo
Small blue metal box - .243 and .270 ammo
Small green metal box - 5.56mm and 7.62mm ammo
Small beige metal box - bird, buck and slug ammo
Small red metal box - .44 Magnum ammo
Small black metal box - .50 cal ammo

That’s 14x different loot boxes, almost double what’s currently in-game.

I said that before recently: I like satiric comments whenever I am able to recognize them.

Although I am thankful that you are doing the work for me. I see, you already get the idea.

That didn’t start out that bad, although lockpicks together with weapon attachments, I don’t know. Put them into backpacks together with clothing as beauty equipment

And if you play the game, you already know that the game selects the ammo for you. No need to troll with weapon boxes by color. I suspect you did that because your reply turned out quite reasonable to your own surprise - or should I say demise?

EDIT: You could potentially even randomize everything, with the prerequisite that one specific item only ever turns up in one and the same type of container (and color). I bet that would make looting much more straight forward already. :slight_smile:

Giving each loot set it’s own box increases the chances of that specific item. Making game even easier than it already is.

Currently, there is a random chance to get specific item from loot boxes. And i like that random chance. If you already know exactly what you get from the loot box, there’s no fun in that.

Not necessarily.

There is no need for deterministic item spawns and not every location needs every kind of container.

Your turn. :smiley:

And there is no need for individual loot boxes either. Current loot boxes system gets the job done just fine.

Ahem:

:roll_eyes:

You seem to confuse easier with more items. You are a troll sir. I will no longer respond to you. This conversation is over.

And you are contradicting yourself. Rather than admitting it, you blame others. How cute.