Seperate quickslots/more quickslots

GZ got a lot of equipment and weapons for different combat sences,but players often out of slots to use those. Me for example,I need at least 4 weapons in slot for different sences:AR,MG,SR and RPG.the remain 4 slots filled with essential equipments:health pack,binoculars,flares and compaion.no place for other stuff.and it’s very inconvenient and dangerous rummaging backpack and switching items in battle.

Here is my idea:seperate quickslots with weapon wheel and equipment wheel; 6-8 slots for weapons and 8-10 slots for equipments.making players use more of those interesting items conveniently

2 Likes

I love the idea of having two radial wheels

There was a time without a weapon wheel.
Just a slot for a primary and a secondary weapon plus two items.

The wheel was a big improvement in my eyes, but it worked well before, too.

It just depends on how you play the game.

In the past the players were more cautious and prepared for each situation, now you still have to prepare your loadout, but you can play it more like an arcade action shooter.

With even more quick slots, the preperation could also fall away, as you could have all you need on a quick slot.

I don’t know if that would be so good for GZ.

On the other hand I once suggested, as compromise, to open the emotes wheel for being able to place items on it.

1 Like

Why use a quick slot for your runner? That is a waste of a slot there. The weapons wheel was added not to long ago and gave use a lot more variety of what we can use quickly. But we also started carrying more stuff, which means we will need more room to carry more and it goes downhill from there.
More gear means a demand for weightless everything so we can carry everything then need a slot for everything we can carry.

i say stop trying to reinvent the wheel and leave it with the 8 slots.

with upcoming weapon dlc, :nazar_amulet: this might be the way to go

:rofl:
A wheel of fortune… Simple, you just would need one button instead of a button plus the right stick or a short key for Up, down, left, right…
Press R1 and the wheel of fortune selects an item or weapon for you.

just the wheel itself, not the spinning thing, on the PS4 you would move L3 stick in the direction of weapon, just like always, just more slots, I also mis-counted, this wheel should cover all the weapons & upcoming dlcs, weapons for ever line of words on the wheel :blush: each color its own catagory, (Example) Green Would be All Sniper Rifles, The 4 Handguns Purple, The 3 Rocket Launcher Types Blue, etc etc etc

If you play in co-op, multiplayer, you really don’t need to carry every type of weapon or item yourself. You’re intended to pick something of a “role” and stick to it. You really don’t need to carry four weapons and all the different equipment items, or worse eight weapons…

Even playing alone, you don’t need to try and fill every role at once. You can instead adjust your play style and deal with situations differently, depending on whether you’re currently playing like a sniper, or playing like a machinegunner, or an anti-tank troop instead. Fight differently, rather than just swapping weapons.

But, that’s just the way I do things. You do you. Play however you like, we’re all free like that. We can all use whatever slots we’re provided however we like. Just, there has to be a limit to how far the devs can let things like this go, they should only give us so many slots…and 8 is a pretty good number, “at a time” at least…

— Example: —

I usually play with one other person. He does things a bit differently than I do, but not by a whole lot. When we get on to play, we decide what we’re going to do, where we’re going to go, what we’re going to fight. A big part of that is deciding if we’re going to try and be stealthy and avoid big fights, or if we’re going to assault a base, or go hunting big machines. We like to aim for a starting weight of 60~70 units, so we can loot as we go without worrying too much about getting slowed down.

I’ll swap at least part of my loadout accordingly; I generally only carry three weapons, and different amounts of ammo per weapon, depending on what we’re going to do. I always have my binoculars because I like to scout/spot and mark priority targets. I always have one kind of medkit or another equipped to the wheel (and others in inventory), then I usually have small EMPs, and two other types of throwables (sticky bombs and molotovs, or frags and flares). Other stuff will be carried (mines, lures, etc) but often not assigned to a slot at all or for long.

As for weapons… If we’re trying to be sneaky, I might have a suppressed Vosa, a suppressed Volkov, and an unsuppressed AI76 for if things get messy. Or I might have a scoped .270, an HP5, and the Klaucke, all suppressed. If we’re going loud, I might have a K-pistol, a KVM 59, and the 84mm recoilless rifle, no suppressors—and a ton of ammo, maybe. Or an RPG, a PM71, and a Volkov or Vosa, again no suppressors—or maybe the Vosa/Volkov will be suppressed, for a little sneaking. Or a PVG90, a KVM 89, and a suppressed Klaucke for those sneaky opportunities.

If there comes an opportunity or desire to set up a trap or use land mines, then WE or I will take a moment to swap what is assigned/equipped, set up the ambush, then swap equipment back and lure the machines into the trap. Or the trap materials might be placed directly from inventory, without ever being assigned to a slot. Ideally, if we had two more people with us regularly, we’d split things up a bit more, probably have somebody dedicated to setting up traps, using lures and distractions.

I might take one for the team and take that role myself, because of the weight of explosives, lures, etc, and then focus even more on marking targets with my binoculars. Then I’d probably carry only two weapons, like an unsuppressed AG5 and a suppressed HP5, or again the AI76 and Vosa/Volkov combo, and mines might have a full-time spot on my wheel.

Again, not that I’m saying anybody else has to do things the same way. Just examples of what I do, and why/when—a little food for thought.

2 Likes