Shared world/missions

Can’t say that I like this idea at all, if you start a new character you don’t really start one as you get no weapons to start off with and there are no enemies to get experience with. Having the shared world eg: safe houses etc is ok but having no enemies is a bit lame. also having to delete you save game file to start a new character is a bit silly, I mean why have a new character slot if you can’t advance with the lack of enemies.

What do you mean by no enemies? Machines respawn every time you switch characters.

Some machines do, but not all. There are actually quite a few that are tied to missions in some way, as well as a decent number that seem to only spawn once or twice (see for example the pack of runners that’s hanging around Iboholmen church early on in the game, they stop respawning once you get far enough into the game).

Having actually tried a new character solo, I can say that @nugar is right, it’s a serious pain in the arse to do anything with a new character unless you’re piggybacking on someone else’s game. There is, thankfully, now a guaranteed dilapidated Möller in the back of the first police vehicle you come across (same ammo box that always has a bunch of .32 ACP JHP rounds), but even that is kind of useless unless, so you essentially have to coordinate and take advantage of the shared loot to transfer guns and an initial stock of ammo to the new character.

1 Like

Started a new character, no enemies seen near the starting house, walked over to the Hunters cabin still no enemies. Then walked all the way up to the first church and guess what still no enemies. So far the only way to get any enemies is to go to where my original character got up to, then the enemies there are way to hard because you can’t advance you character level, pretty pointless starting any new characters without deleting your first game and completely starting a full new character. If they could somehow reset all enemies upon starting the new character it would at least allow you to level up with new and different skills.

It is not at all what I experience. I equipped all my three mules with good 5 or 4 crowns weapons and shared the ammo and the medkits. One by one I teleport them to the north (my map is completely revealed) and I kill runners, hunters, harvesters even sometimes a tank. They level slowly and are now lev. 8, 7 and 5. It is a challenge to fight with a low level character, however the good weapons greatly help. If they lack ammo, I send the main char to kill some harvesters and to do some looting, he has scavenging and mechanist perks then he shares the loot with the low level characters. It is a team solidarity :stuck_out_tongue:I tried some MP sessions also to boost their XP but quite a few.
I suppose it was not the way of playing intended, but I enjoy it.

You may want to take a look here for details.

Edit: some relay beacons respawned for me, easy XP to get, and the easy trapped tank in Ostervik as well.

It would be great if you could have multiple worlds going at the same time. So you can have on for solo and one for mp with your friends. And one more for mp with other friends or random People.

2 Likes