Shoot and die , keep repeating

Neither these are in reality, sir.
It is a good approach, I love this.

But THAT is mere opinion, of course. :wink:

I feel the games difficulty is alright, maybe not perfect. But If you play it smart you can almost always win. And by smart I mean being sneaky, using terrain, a little camping, and not taking fights you do not have enough ammo/meds for. IMO a new player should have not too hard of a time on skirmish.

Edit: I feel there should be more difficulty in late game. Since once you get a high level, with exp weapons nothing can really stop you. Even on Guriella.

3 Likes

Did you actually fight a tank with your .243 caliber? I’ve never succeeded in doing that.
But it could also be that I messed with the wrong tank because he really spanked my bum. :rofl:
I then fought him with the Magnus and had the feeling that he wasn’t going to tip over. After a whole sack of ammunition, he finally went into the eternal hunting grounds. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve done it. I used .243 to take down my very 1st tank. :sunglasses:
Wrote my story in here: How do YOU beat Harvesters and Tanks when you first saw them?

2 Likes

Thank’s really cool :sunglasses: I must give it a try again because that tank that i agroed was a Military tank. I was at the Minken Bunker and would stick my nose out to the Kaseberg Villa. I fired away his right light on the rigth upper side that was my fault he imediately blew me away. :laughing: But then i had a stunning fight with him out of the wintergarden from Villa Kaseberg. What a luck that she repairs by herself (the Villa Kaseberg). After the fight she was heavily dammaged. :rofl:

1 Like

When one speaks of balance, it is EXTREMELY opinionated.
For one it’s just TOO hard, for others like me, the extreme opposite.
Even in Gorilla Mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

But that’s why altered modes are requested, so everyone can somewhat have his own preference.

The requested “Survival Mode” where machines are deadly enough to be the greatest pest ever (with if possible additional option for Hardcore Survival, that includes the need for water, food and rest) was before countered by me, no less, for the not that hardcore players having a “walk in the park” mode, so they as well had their game for them.

April’s Patch was insanely stupid, in that, that the changes were global, rather than optional.
I warned about those 'enforcements" being darn bad, but well, who am I…
What do I know.

If it had been optional though, and refined over time, this could have been a tremendous success, for those so eager for a more mature and realistic approach.

So weird…
OPTIONALITY is the answer to SO many issues…
But using it… ah well… who am I…

It would be a great plus for the game, if “everyone had his prefered option playability”.
Been said by a few before.
And I for one stand by that.

Now, let’s look at the title: Shoot, die, rince and repeat.
Now let us be realistic: point me to one game, a shooter/slasher/beat’m’up maybe even, where this is not the case.
Or an RPG, ARPG,MMORPG, …?

It’s all the same style: Do X, Get Y, rince and repeat in one form or another.
There are “a few” exeptions, like story driven games.
Still…
Most games in the last decade are repetition games.
It is what it is.

Getting balance can be extraordinarily hard to achieve, ESPECIALLY since balance is so opinionated.
Too soft is MUCH to hard for others.
GZ TO ME is beyond boring, not even a baby game.
Gorilla Mode, 95 I think aboutish Deaths over 4500 kills?
How the bloody hell is THAT even REMOTELY hard.

But then there might be folks out there with 100 deaths over 20 kills.
Yes, for those players… one cannot but agree: it’s one hard ball game, I guess.
Hence, and I return to the already stated idea: optionality.
This would give much more pleasure to more players.

I truly hope, the lesson given by the April’s patch, and as Miss Aesyle proved by the players in that period active, the Devs took note.
If not… well…
Then they did not.
But that would be another loss for the game, I reckon…

1 Like

@Xogroroth, i agree full with you that there must be some optionalitys for those they want to play really hardcore and for those they want to walk around and searching for clues waht has happened. With some fights and so on.

As i finished the last missons of the game for me it is not at the end, because there is so much to explore. I had not all collectibles found like Biographies, love letters, pictures, dwarfs, and dalahorses. So there is much to do in this game for me and by the way i have to fight my way.

But for you hardcore players.

I hope the devs will hear the pleading of the tormented hardcore gamers and grant their wishes for the option for a harder game.

I hope and pray for you that you will get a hardcore mode that will freeze your blood in your veins :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face: and that you will enter the next game session trembling with fear. This hardcore mode should make your worst nightmares a reality. :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: :ghost::ghost: :skull:

1 Like

And for the… “soft-core”?.. players as well.
It won’t be fair to them, if they were forgotten, right, sir? :wink:

1 Like

Yessss, right sir. I want to have a switch for the hardcores and for us softer players.

They should name the hardcore mode not gorilla + they shoud name it nightmare or hellmode.

:grin::+1:

1 Like

Hmm… this sounds like my colleague at work who claimed that she was being “harassed” when the rest of the work team voted against her in a discussion about whether or not we should change our procedures for some mundane thing that she wanted to change.

For some people, it’s harassment if you don’t agree with them.

What a world we live in.

2 Likes

@Oddball_E8
I don’t agree!
Stop harassing me. lol

Yeah what a world…

They can.

But it’s most often not the case.

Usually it’s someone who’s very self centered and stubborn, who refuses to even entertain the very thought of someone else possibly being right.

And throwing a tantrum about it.

But hey… I’m sure that’s not the case for you.
I’m sure eeeeeeeeveryone else just happens to be wrong and bad. You’re the angel in this case. Your behavior clearly shows that. :roll_eyes:

EDIT: After checking your posting history, I’ll have to add a few dozen more :roll_eyes: to that last sentence…

1 Like

No more off-topic, guys. Keep personal agreements/disagreements in PM or we’ll have to lock this one up.

//Mod

1 Like