Should I have started in adventure or do I suck at the game

So, I actually got the game pretty recently and when I made my first world I started it as skirmish. I feel like I suck at the game. Not because I die a lot, but because of why I don’t die. I have learned a lot of ways to survive (which paths have the least machines when traveling, what areas have the best loot, etc.) The main reason I am good at surviving is because, when traveling, I take a lot of roads and shore lines. And when I’m fighting large amounts of machines, I usually just put a gas tank down with a radio and kill them from a distance.

Am I the average player? I feel like if I was good at the game, I should be able to handle battles and bigger machines with ease. Or is sneaking around and being extremely quite a normal thing.

Based on your description, i’d say you’re average. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that falls more to the pro player ballpark.

This method is actually the very method i used when i started with GZ. It is a good method to learn the game, while keeping yourself alive. :wink: And i still, 2 years later, use mostly the same tactics but now, i don’t fear any of them. Because i know the best/ most enjoyable way to take any of them out. :slight_smile:

When it comes to games in general, i usually start out with Normal/ Standard/ Medium difficulty and then look how well i fare in it. If game is too easy, i can up the difficulty to Hard but if the game is too difficult, i can always lower the difficulty to Easy.
On the other hand, if i were to start with Easy off the bat, and i find the game too difficult, i can’t make it any easier, hence why starting out with Medium difficulty is beneficial. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two years into the game, I still use the tactics you do. I now know that I can go sneakily anywhere, even with a Hunter patrol 50 yards away. I’ve generally got a mission in my mind, a task to perform, and while I am performing it, I avoid action, unless it is inevitable, or a reckon a machine is alone and I can kill it quickly.

Some of the boys and girls play the game like a shoot-em-up, but I don’t think that’s much fun and even the pros die all the time. I personally think there should be a real knock-down for dying - you should lose a skill point at random for instance!

It’s not that I can’t farm tanks, I can and do, but that’s not the game. The base defence which has just started is simply shoot-em-up and in effect is a stand-alone game-within-a-game. The real game is as you are playing it, so you may not be average, but exceptional! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just run in with my kipist and hope for the best. Wroks 98 percent of the time.

Just get stamina up.