Signing off the Vanguard ( he earned it )

So, it’s sadly that time again to put the game to the back of the pile. It’s not where it needs to be but I’m fine with that - they will get there.

The return nearly a year from finishing the original game, achievements, and supporting the trueachievement guide, I’ve loved the DLC and it’s worth every penny. The experimental weapons, clothing, and Apocalypse class has introduced a new level of gameplay - that led me to thinking…I now need to build a Vanguard. My main was balanced, my online character was for support, my third - pure destruction.

The benefit here, is that my wingman was 3 skill perks ahead on an abandoned vanguard character that he kindly resurrected, so live comparisons could be done for skill point spend. During a process of elimination, and only picking what was needed - its done.

Now combine that with me self teaching how to make gameplay videos with MOVAVI - I’ve put a farewell montage together of my best moments during the build. I hope me tagging back in has helped the community bridge some gaps in gameplay specifics, mission glitches, achievement locks, but most of all - manage your expectations with this title it is going to take time be patient.

I’ll take any feedback or comments via the YouTube page.

Until the next DLC…:fire::robot::fire:

7 Likes

With new content, comes a new video.

The next instalment titled : The Vanguard “Uncle Calle”…drops the same time as the update.

So, it’s that time again where I’m taking a step back until FNIX Rising catches up.

There’s a new video 50% complete now just awaiting DLC content - and a new Behind The Vanguard, also in motion that started today. For those who have not seen my Vanguard blueprint - I’ve put in in text form so you can screenshot, and use for reference.

RECOMMENDED - IN THIS ORDER

1. RELOAD SPEED
  2. RUN AND GUN
  3. ARMOR
  4. ARMOR DAMAGE
  5. TRIGGER HAPPY
  6. VANGUARD
  7. STAMINA AMOUNT
  8. RUNNING SPEED
  9. CARRY CAPACITY
  10. CARRY CAPACITY
  11. AIM SPEED
  12. HIP SHOT ACCURACY
  13. WEAPON RECOIL
  14. WEAPON SWAY
  15. WEAPON SWAY
  16. WEAPON SWAY
  17. WEAPON RECOIL
  18. TRIGGER HAPPY
  19. ARMOR DAMAGE
  20. RELOAD SPEED
  21. STAMINA AMOUNT
  22. RUNNING SPEED
  23. STAMINA RECGARGE
  24. STAMINA RECHARGE
  25. SPOTTING INTEL
  26. INQUISITIVE MIND
  27. COMPONENT DAMAGE
  28. COMPONENT DAMAGE
  29. MAKE 'EM COUNT
  30. MAKE 'EM COUNT.

See you in livestream on Wednesdays.

Alias.

1 Like

Well, after over a year at it - it’s now time again to sign off The Vanguard. No matter what way I swing it - the content moving forward has to be new ideas and let me assure you Vision was only the start in getting the community involved - but sadly - the Resistance delay has now stalled any new content.

I’ll leave you with this until there’s a date for Resistance to XBOX. Looks like it’s back to dog lights :sweat_smile:

Alias

2 Likes

He sure earned it. :+1: I was meaning to ask you a question about the last video. Unrelated to your vision though. I wondered if you can tell me the name of the movie that was in the scene at 50 minutes. I did not recognise it and I might want to see it.

1 Like

One of the greatest war films ever made.

Apocalypse Now: Directed by Francis Ford Coppola. With Marlon Brando, Martin Sheen, Robert Duvall, Frederic Forrest. A U.S. Army officer serving in Vietnam is tasked with assassinating a renegade Special Forces Colonel who sees himself as a god.

2 Likes

Hope to have the update out soon so we get you back in the game for more new content!

2 Likes

Not a teaser, just the base building and resistance content for X-box, that we on PC and PS4 already have had a change to play.

Yeah I’ve been stoked for this for while and somehow im still excited, unfortunately I’ve had to stay away from the weekly stream and gz content in general for quite a while though. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

There is a lot planned Resistance wise. There’s a lot to base building that is still yet to be seen.

Time is obviously the factor here, and originally Vision was meant to drop same time as Resistance. This meant the video would be done, allowing me to get into game for new content then come back after a few weeks.

That boat obviously has now sailed, so again - it’s a matter of time and waiting.