Skvadern bunker - Unable to progress [Workaround]

Hi there. I have managed to avoid one bunker quest glitch, but I trapped myself in another one at the Skvadern bunker.
I picked up the message from the engineer before I tried the power button. Now it wants me to look for evidence, but the evidence is already in my log. :pensive:
Is there any way round this, or am I stuck? (because I got the message, the key didnā€™t spawn :slightly_frowning_face:)

Isnā€™t Skvadern the one with the broken power button? The note says what to do.
Youā€™re supposed to locate the auxiliary generator and turn it on.

I realised that I did it in the wrong order (I got the message about the auxiliary generator before I tried the power button) which meant that the key for the generator room didnā€™t spawn, locking me out of the next part :slightly_frowning_face:

Now it keeps asking me to look for the information that I already have in my log, and wonā€™t let me progress :cry:

Thatā€™s weird, the key should be there regardless and you should be able to pick it up before pressing the button. Iā€™ll move this thread to the Bug Reports forum, what platform are you on?

Thank you for your replies. I am enjoying the game so much its frustrating to be stuck like this! I am on the ps4.
I have evolved a strategy of luring hunters to my safe house so I can wear them down while dying repeatedlyā€¦ :confounded:

Iā€™ve reached out to the devs with your issue. A while ago another person reported the same thing, so I figured it was worth the effort. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s on the list of things to fix for the November Update, but I canā€™t be sure. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

My grateful thanks for your replies. As I said, I am enjoying the game immensely. I donā€™t usually review things, but my feeling thus far is it feels like a cross between Dear Esther and Fallout 3/4 (both of which I have enjoyed). I like the way the runners retreat when damaged and the scenery is breathtaking.
As a big fan of the Just Cause franchise, Generation Zero was a natural step for me. I do miss the absence of other human npcs, but the isolation adds real dread to the already tense atmosphere. It really is a very minor inconvenience, there is a huge sandbox to explore.
Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Have you tried restarting the game? I remember that happening (the first time from a zillion test runs I did on another stuck mission) a while ago.

Restarting the game (not just the session) fixed it. Although I donā€™t remember if I ALT+F4ā€™d the game at that point or closed it properly. :grimacing:

1 Like

You must be psychic! :slightly_smiling_face: I logged in to my second character, moved some inventory items around then switched to my first. When I went back to the bunker it had somehow reset itself and the note and the key were on the desk!
So I have managed to finish the bunker and its on to the next slaughter-fest :confounded:
Btw, Iā€™m not a fan of the ticksā€¦ But it feels great to demolish a hunter!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad it worked out for you :slight_smile: Weā€™ll keep this temporary fix in mind if this happens in the future.

@Voodoo saves the day :trumpet:

2 Likes

Good stuff and happy hunting!

But ā€œpsychicā€? Did I wirelessly send my thoughts? :slight_smile:

@Zesiir Not sure what I did but if I did anything then Iā€™m happy to have saved the day. :slight_smile:

Somehow, that trumpet instantly reminded me of a particular ST:TNG scene with Q that always makes me smile. :joy:

2 Likes

I think you definitely did some ether based wifi projection! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:

We have reproduced the issue in-house and a high priority ticket to fix this issue has been created.

Luckily @Voodooā€™s workaround seems to work every time this occurs, so in the meantime, until we have fixed this bug, please try restarting the session if this occurs.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting! :pray:

1 Like

Yet more reason to be impressed by both Avalanche and Generation Zero. Many thanks :blush: :+1:

1 Like