Skyfire Update - Patch Notes

Any news on the Marksman achievement being fixed?

So can we not spawn Reapers in Mountain region, North Coast Region, Marshland region, Archipelago or Himfjall anymore? Only limited to 3 regions now?

1 Like

Good question.
Although I haven’t used the new way yet, I guess that the tyrants location is almost random.

We just use the terminals in the existing bases to locate them, not to define where they should spawn.

1 Like

Btw
Is there a list of how many keys we (can) get by destroying certain rivals?

I destroyed about 5 rivals yesterday and got different amounts.

As I didn’t touch my rivals for a long time I guess they were all lvl4 rivals, but there may have been an exception.

I got 40 and 35 keys from Fnix harvester and tank,
10 and 15 from Fnix hunters and 149 from an Apocalypse tank.

I just took a screenshot of the last one:

So it is no longer possible to trigger the appearance of the Reaper in the usual way, or have I misunderstood?

1 Like

Yes, it’s independend of the region level.

@SR_Carni

Some issues I noticed with the update:

Companion:

• There were many (3 or 4 times) situations where I was pushed or thrown away or into the sky by my companion.
  • in marden command Bunker the companion shot wildly around and destroyed the whole interior, as if there would be machines just above the warboard room in the ground.

Cover/destroyed machines:

In the past it was possible to use destroyed machines as cover. That was very helpful especially on the open fields of farmlands for example.
This seems to have been disabled.

I tried to hunt down an apoc tank rival in forest region.
A FNIX harvester joined the fight. As the proximity mines of the apoc tank currently don’t work I focussed on the Harvester at first, destroyed it quickly and wanted to take cover behind it when the apoc tank used its machinegun. It provided no cover, all shots directly went through and even I was able to shoot blind directly through it towards the tank.

That has to be fixed soon, please

3 Likes

Right! If that’s the case, then it kinda feels like we’ve made 2 steps toward but 3 steps backward. Losing the ability to spawn Reapers in any region like we could before. Just my thoughts.

1 Like

Tanks drop 100+, Harvesters drop 30+, Hunters drop 5+ and Runners drop 1-2
Firebirds drop 100+, Wolfs drop 30+ and Lynxs drop 1-2

All of this is dependant on level + Class of the Rival. All that data is primarily Lvl 4 variants of the Machines

I also noticed the map distances are broke. Which is not fun when you’re trying to set up a Vulture battle that can be pretty long.

Can no longer push up or down on the d-pad to change number of items being transferred from one inventory to another by 10. It used to be 4 button pushes to retain a stack of 20 medkits in my personal inventory. It now takes 13 button pushes to do the same thing because pushing up or down after selecting the item, no longer increases or decreases the number of the item selected by 10. It goes by ones until you get to 10, then it starts increasing by 10 for 20 button pushes, then 50 and several button pushes later jumps to 50, the 100. Pushing up or down after selecting the item you want to transfer shouldn’t change the item you selected. It would be nice if increasing and decreasing by intervals of 10 could be patched back in.

When I invite more than one friend into the game they still, as has been the case since I first played the game, can not see each other. They can only see me. When is that fix incoming?

I’m on PS4.

2 Likes

Still having problems with finding downed Firebirds. Another level 4 shot down yesterday over a small hill and I could not find it. I know this has been asked before but could you make sparks and/or smoke rise from them after they hit the dirt. I know when you kill a Harvester it sparks for a good while. No telling what items I lost by not finding that downed level 4 Firebird.

1 Like

You are correct, it is done by the same process to spawn the Vulture. You have to collect the data points up to 200 to spawn it now. There are FNIX data points and Soviet data points to collect for one or the other.
:smile: :+1:

It’s been a couple of days now and I would just like to say that I think the new interface with the plundra and recycle bench, for me, is awful. The new system is too fussy with too much info crammed onto the screen resulting in a smaller font making it difficult for me with my old eyes. I don’t need ammo, grenades etc marked to show which level they are, weapon and attachment grades will suffice. I don’t need a large notice telling me every time I pick up a weapon of any grade.
Most annoying is the numbering of items to be transferred from left to right and vice versa as it’s too sensitive and very difficult to get a precise number. It keeps jumping around from adding or removing one then ten or a hundred.
The positives are the addition of total weight being carried for each item and the marking of attachments that are attached in the plundra.
As you may have gathered I don’t like the new interface and I have read here that others are not keen either. Hopefully the devs will see the error of their ways and return to the old interface.

1 Like

I agree with you.

And today I also experienced some framedrops in battles with soviets and FNIX (many firebirds around, some apoc hunters as well) without using shock ammo.

3 Likes

First vulture downed!

Nice one. Played with my mate today.
Hunted for a soviet rival which gave me (why does just the host get those coordinate-keys?) the last needed keys to be able to spawn a vulture.
Then visited landing site B (in german “Boris”) for the blueprint.

After that we took down a lvl 3 FNIX base to get the vultures location.

On our way we had some minor FPS drops, but they went away, too after we destroyed enough machines.
Nevertheless I wonder why we didn’t have FPS Drops during our fight against the vulture and its massive support of Lynx.

The vulture was located south of the airbase. There were also some FNIX machines, including a harvester, which distracted the lynx and the turrets.

Overall we really liked this boss fight, although the vulture in total was much easier than a reaper. But it was more fun as the fight was more procedual.

Sadly we didn’t get the experimental meusser from it. Just experimental apparel and an experimental kvm59 plus lots of 9mm handgun ammo and some other rounds, a Flakmoped color I already had and some ressources.

Btw we also noticed the issue with the wrong distance indicators on the map. Once you select one target/location, its distance is copied to every other target/location.

Oh, and I shouldn’t shout it out too loud, but since the update I didn’t lose a single safehouse again.

1 Like

the experimental Messuer is pretty neat, 1 hit kills some prototypes, :fearful: trying to hit a firebird can be tricky though, zooming in with 6 x 12 scope and watching the green/yellow/red & firebird moving or standing still but shooting

seeing robots from a farther distance has been restored :neutral_face: some people’s talking about having trouble getting the trophy for long distance shot, it’s back, you can see robots from a far distance again

2 Likes

patch notes don’t tell all :neutral_face: sometimes you just have to see what you can see, & mention it here 4 the people’s

1 Like

We noticed that too, yesterday, when we cleared the airfield. A tank far far away. But as the distance indicators on the map doesn’t work correctly, I wasn’t able to prove it. (my character has no skills to see the distance with the binocular).

Btw. distance indicator should be a feature of scopes, not a skill.

Actually i think its just in some areas.
In the military airfield you cant see enemies at very long distances and im sure there are other areas where you cant too.
But in other areas you can see enemies far away.