SOLVED (Unplayable: losing controls and FPS down to 1 per sec)

Does this happen to anyone else?
Here is a video of what is happening: https://youtu.be/DnN1WIyDmQo

I was playing solo in steam offline-mode, but set multiplayer to invite only regardless.
On a Windows 10 PC, with nearly max graphics settings, playing with XBox controller over bluetooth.

What can I see in the video?
(1) My controller becomes unresponsive. In the video the player character runs around in circles, but other times it just gets stuck in the last given movement input.
(2) I have to use the keyboard to access menus etc. Controller input is dead.
(3) Ctrl-Alt-Del reveals that the GPU consumes a lot of energy (but I’m not sure what this means here)
(4) As HWinfo60 shows, my GPU and CPU temps are just fine (quite low in fact)

My Nvidia GeForce driver is updated, currently using 445.75 (GTX 1080 for a Dell Alienware laptop).

My dxdiag is:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: Alienware 17 R4
BIOS: 1.8.0 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32646MB RAM
Page File: 8302MB used, 25143MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown

I’ve played this game for over a year, and I never, ever had anything like this.

Have you tried playing with keyboard and mouse?

1 Like

Well this is embarrasing.
I troubleshooted for half an hour until I saw what was wrong. THE BATTERIES IN MY CONTROLLER.

I was beating myself loudly after realising that!

Apparently GenZero reacts by going bonkers when the input method changes due to low battery. I’ve now played with replaced batteries for one hour, both solo and coop - with zero issues.

My humblest apologies to everyone whose time I’ve waisted. Remember kids, Jesus died for our sins.

2 Likes

:joy: well glad it ended up well for you. Btw the software you use on your video HWiNFO, seems neat, you recommand it?

Since the issue was solved, I’ll be locking this thread.

1 Like