Standard vs. Advanced first aid kit feedback

So, now when we craft these. No need to hoard first aid kits.

Why advanced first aid kits are 2x more expensive to craft + titanium. When they dont give any benefits compared to standard one.

Standard first aid kit. Weight 0.1 / pcs. Heals 50 HP
Thread, Textile, Plastic 4 / 8 / 8

• light weight, can carry 2x vs. adv.
  • 2x cheaper vs. adv.
  • Mediocre healing rate. Rare occasion HP is lost faster than it can heal. (might depend on difficulty level, my observations and gut feeling from guerrilla difficulty)

Advanced first aid kit. Weight 0.2 / pcs Heals 75 HP
Thread, Textile, Plastic, Titanium 8 / 16 / 16 / 4

• 2x weight of standard.
  • Expensive to craft
  • Rapid healing rate

Advanced first aid kits starts to fall on same category as those paramedic response packs, which is useless. (solely gather them for copper)

Should the advanced first aid kits give little more bang for the buck. If not healing, maybe adrenaline boost as in stamina, running speed for certain time, something.

Yes I completely agree with you. I always craft standard as it seems pointless using titanium when I can have 2 standards for 100 hp

I think they should to be worth it, comparing like that. How about healing for 50 HP instantly, and the rest heals over time, or something? Iā€™m not sure if the medkits should involve any other bonuses except for the actual healing, if they did, they would make the lower tiers if not useless so at least not very interesting.

Sidetrack: As for the Paramedic, those would be far more interesting and useful, if you could place them down and they would pulse heal in a decently large area around them for X seconds. In other words, an AOE HOT! :wink:

I leveled to ā€˜Heal Amount 3ā€™ just to stay away from advanced and prior to crafting. I had over 600 simple medkits until the patch to craft and loving the skill even more with the craftable standard kits.

With first aid kit crafting introduced, the value of advanced first aid kit did drop. However, it also made simple first aid kit completely obsolete.

It takes twice as much resources to craft standard first aid kit, as it is needed for simple first aid kit. Also, standard first aid kit heals double the amount of simple first aid kit. And weight wise, the same rule applies: 2x simple first aid kits = 1x standard first aid kit.
The benefit of having standard first aid kit is that you only need use it once, to heal 50 HP. While with simple first aid kit, you need to use it twice, to heal 50 HP. In the heat of the battle, time is of essence and one may not have time to heal oneself twice with simple first aid kit.

Advanced first aid kit isnā€™t worth the resources to craft it. Everyone would be much better off by crafting only standard first aid kits.
Though, advanced first aid kit is useful in higher difficulties, especially on Guerilla. Since at that difficulty, it takes only few shots for your HP to drop from 100 down to 20 or so. Having a first aid kit that heals you back at max with one use, as advanced first aid kit does, is helpful. It saves time, which would be used up by healing yourself at least twice with lesser first aid kits.

1 Like

I was thinking to bring this up, but wanted to keep post little bit simpler.

This is very true, hardcore min/max survivability.
Noticed that sometimes in combat, guerrilla difficulty. Combination of certain situations can cause very rapid HP loss. And chucking standard first aid kits keep you head in a float so to say. But wont increase your HP, or does it very slow. And staying this low HP situation can get you killed. And this very thing has happened to me multiple times.
These are the situations where the advanced first aid kit is useful.

This is actually really good suggestion. Would make the little extra bang for the cost. And not making it too powerful at same time.
And would be even more useful when playing higher difficulty settings.

1 Like

High-level character gets more loot than low-levels, so with certain skills and adapting playstyle I still can live off hoarding. StanFAKs usually ā€œgolden balanceā€, but they still have weight and not to waste them much, I have to wait when health drops below 50%.
For me main problem with AdvFAK is wasted health that canā€™t be added due to limit and too much heal it provides. Adding up to +20% over limit if thereā€™s enough heal wouldnā€™t break that much balance (consider this is military grade kit for field surgeons, which contain strong and honestly hazardous chems and stimulants). Design problem is how it stacks with ā€œmore healthā€ skill - additively or multiplicatively? And how represent it with current gauge, which is ā€œrelative percentageā€ of real values.