Storage Expansion is confirmed in latest Dev Letter

In GZ, there is one flaw with that: you can dismantle any base module and get all the resources you spent building it, 100% back (until it isn’t damaged, that is).

With this, all that players need to do, is collect the X resources needed to upgrade, make the actual upgrade and then dismantle the Plundra/Recycling Station to get all the crafting materials back, without loosing the bonus of extra storage. Essentially, players get a double the storage capacity (as per current numbers) for nothing.

I still think that when you’ll loose the upgraded Plundra/Recycling Station, you’ll also loose the benefit. And after that, it can go two ways, either:

• you also loose any gear that was over the vanilla limit
  • or your Plundra/Recycling Station gets overfilled, meaning that you can take stuff out, but you can’t put anything back in, until you either get the stuff in there under the vanilla limit or build the upgraded Plundra/Recycling Station again.

When I completely dismantled my base all resources were dropped into my inventory. Weight of all resources inside of recycling station didn’t go over 250.

Well, if you had upgraded storage and you remove it or it was destroyed, common sense would say that you no longer have the bonus which that item provided either, right?

1 Like

The storage expansion produces far more questions than providing relief. It’s the implementation of it what i’m wondering about. And i know that none of the players can answer that, since we just don’t know. But we can still discuss it, right?

We don’t know if the storage expansion is:

• mirrored across the map
  • or localized only in player base

I don’t view the storage upgrade as one-time crafting, like apparel bonuses are. Instead, i view it as bonus that you can loose, if the item that provided said bonus is destroyed/dismantled.

On similar example:
Extended magazine, e.g on .50 cal. If you put 5* extended mag on .50 cal, you’ll increase the ammo capacity of it from 10 rounds to 18 rounds.
Now, if you were to remove the said item (extended mag) from the gun, you’ll also loose the bonus it provided (extra 8 rounds).

I believe the storage expansion follows the same suite - no item to give bonus = no bonus.

Though, compared to the apparel crafting, there is a difference: you can not destroy/dismantle any apparel item you already have. Sure, to remove e.g Bullet resistance bonus, you can craft Explosion resistance but you’d still have some form of bonus on it.
With Plundra/Recycling Station, there is no other form of bonus that can be used to replace the increased storage bonus. But since you can dismantle/destroy the upgraded storage, you should also loose the bonus it provided, just like when you remove extended mag from the gun.

This is, yet another, uncertainty.
What will happen, if the item that provided the bonus and the bonus itself is lost?

• One option, and most likely, is that your storage gets overfilled and you can’t put anything into it, until you either rebuild the upgraded storage, or take enough stuff out until your stuff falls under vanilla limit.

• Another option, which i personally prefer, is that any item over the limit is automatically deleted.
    How do you know which items get deleted? Well, game keeps track of items in chronological order, which items are oldest and which are newest. And the newest/latest items in storage, which are over the limit, can go “poof”.
    This gives more value of defending the upgraded Plundra/Recycling Station during base defence mission. (And to protect against griefers, devs can do so, that only the host of a game can dismantle base modules, which they should’ve done already.)

This is another part which i haven’t thought of, yet.

How it would be in MP? It could be both ways:

1. If you have crafted the upgrade in your game, you also have the upgrade in MP game, where you are a Client.
  2. Or in MP game, you’ll have the limit at what host has it.
    If host hasn’t crafted any upgrades, you have vanilla limits. And any items stored over the limit, can be only taken out. But not put back in (since your storage is overfilled). Until the stuff in storage falls under vanilla limit.

I lean towards 2nd option.
Why? Just look missions completed. If you have all missions completed and you join MP game as a Client, you do not bring any of your completed missions with you. Instead, you have the same mission progress as host has it.
Same goes with unlocked safehouses. If you’ve found and unlocked all safehouses, you won’t get access to all of them in MP game as a Client, IF host hasn’t found them all. You only have access to the same ones as host does.

@Aesyle You are over-complicating this, it´s still to soon for this.
For someone as yourself that has no need for any more storage, you sure talk a lot about it and bring questions and hypothetical situations that might not even be important.
The update is weeks or months away and there is no useful info available so just chill…

3 Likes

It’s a discussion thread, people are allowed to bounce ideas and theories back and forth.

6 Likes

I quite like this idea it would be cool to have a wall rack which you could display you’re weapons you aren’t using, e.g I have a 5 star gold PVG which I don’t use very often but would be cool to have it appear on a rack.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be a lot simpler than people realize, since the storage is shared across every plundra, it would make sense for storage upgrades to also share across all of them.

3 Likes

I think that too.
Even the base building is super simple, other games have complex base building and world-building options.
So if the difficult part (base building ) is super easy to use, a simple storage upgrade will be even easier.

I will be happy with more space although I’ve developed my game so I carry limited ammo and equipment profiles and weapons, so the current space limit hasn’t really affected my strategies. Don’t use rockets or gas tanks, only hand grenades. Don’t do much with handgun so carry 50 rounds of that ammo. Only use AG 4 PVG 90 AI 76 and KVM 59. 7.62 and .50 BMG for ammo and 50 rounds of 9mm handgun. Loads of attachments for same and try and get them all up to Experimental level.

But I would love it if there was an option for sorting the Plundra and Inventory AUTOMATICALLY and MANUALLY in settings. Manually, things would stay where you put them or how you load them. So dump ammo then bring it back in the order you want it. Same with weapons. So AG 4 always top rifle. PVG 90 always 2nd rifle. I would find that intensely useful. It used to be that way in original inventory setup then got changed.

well ppl use an pack mule park it at the airbase my mule have at this point 33 000kg of gear on him and he int moving but i can store as much as i like on him and fill up the plundra whit what i need its simpel. and if you dont like to lvl one char for this you just make an new lvl 1 one and use that for space

I never cared much for using a mule, myself, I don’t need it.

But for those who do, it seems to me, it’s not a good idea to show the devs that they omitted a limit on carry capacity. I’m sure they are aware that this is possible. But with the weight you are mentioning they might take a closer look at this.

1 Like

With this, you’re risking game stability for the least and save corruption to the most. Then again, if your save gets corrupted since you knowingly exploited the game, i’d say you deserved it.
Btw, there is no support from us or devs, once your save gets corrupted due to your exploit.

Yes, devs are aware of it. But since it’s a minor issue, it currently sits on the back burner. But eventually, i hope they get to it and fix it once and for all. :slight_smile:

but-why

The whole concept of hording stuff in game just confuses me. Nothing is so hard to come by that you need to farm and horde it. I just don’t get it.

¯\(ツ)

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, sure if one where to fight the reaper which requires lots of ammo then maybe. But damn 33 000 kg is a lot. At this point gz is actually farming and hoarding simulator.

And even then, what fits into Plundra and onto singe char, is more than enough, even in solo Guerilla game (where machines have 3-4 times more HP than on Adventure and you don’t have others helping you out).
That is, unless the aim is so bad that one can’t hit the broad side of a barn, from inside the barn.