Does the Companion’s damage input increase the more you use it?
When you first use the Companion, you complete the “Making Friends” mission in the Archepelo Region. Where the machines are prototype class the damage output for the Companion is very effective, but as the game progression continues the machines become stronger, yet I do not see how the Companion increases in strength to compete with these stronger machines.
Should we include a leveling system where we increase the overall performance of the Companion?
This could be done in multiple ways.
- The Player has the means to upgrade the Companion from Prototype (1 crown) to Military (2 crown) to FINX (3 crown) and last Apocalypse (4 crown) by spending Companion Schematic Points.
- Upgrade the Companion Weapons from 1 to 4 crown weapons, just like how you do for the Armor.
- Allow for the Player to find new weapons to add for Companion use.
- Allow for the Player to find new armor types to add for Companion use.
- Allow for the Player to find new modules to add for Companion use.
- Allow for the Player to supply Specialty ammo for the Companion.
I could imagine this is what you already have plans to do and are adding this to your Roadmap right now.
But before doing any of these changes to the Companion Please, Please first prioritize this first: https://forum.generationzero.com/t/suggestion-the-companion-needs-more-sustainability-11476059-feedback/41675