Summoner Beacon

I think the idea is worth discussing - lore-wise, you might say the player character found a radio emergency beacon that either was used by the army (so FNIX sends out a detachment to snuff out opposition), or was a part of a machine (maybe a tank/harvester) that is used to call in reinforcements (like the comm lure, but radio vs sound waves).
Seeing the argument ‘If it ain’t broke - don’t fix it’ in reference to a game where destroying one seeker in front of a secluded forest hut draws literally hundreds of seekers, hunters and runners over several in-game hours is interesting for lack of a better word.
The question, for me at least, is if this change could be achieved by differentiating more between the various ‘lure’ objects (radio, boom blaster, s/m/l comm lure). Maybe upgrading the largest lure to a even higher radius?

Just use the bloody horn, dangit.

How am i rude? Because i don’t support your idea?

Idea that gives the ability to cheese the game, by bringing the machines to you, fixed amount of machines, on constant basis, without you going anywhere to find machines. Just stay in the safehouse, “summon” the armada, get killed, respawn back in the same safehouse with 100 HP, rinse and repeat. :eyes:

At least with current Comm Array Lures, there is a chance that no-one shows up, if there isn’t no-one around, so you need to go to a “better” spot.

2 Likes

About this, brother: Miss Aesyle is straightforward, to the point, direct.
It’s not rudeness, just… direct…

Or you could say you can’t use it within a parameter of a safehouse instead of “Not all ideas are good ones”.

That was a snide remark and why it came off rude.

I am not talking about ‘luring’ I am talking about actually finding a place to defend. Set up some defenses with your friends and call in a horde of machines and have a blast. Maybe not your play style? I can see it as a load of fun,…

Please read my response above, sir… :slight_smile:

Honestly my perception stands?

Your initial idea was all about the ability to pick a place and then “summon” the machine armada to you:

And that can (and most likely), will be used to cheese the game.

However, players have asked for raids/hordes, that devs have interest in and these kind of special events, are defined by the devs, not by players (as where they took place and how many machines there are).

There are already few such missions in the game where you need to defend X spot against machine armada. Only downside is, that you can’t repeat those missions. Repeating missions is another asked feature by players though.

1 Like

Ok so you made your point many times and I would like to hear others people opinion about it instead of you just shooting down the idea from the start to something that might end up being locked in the end. Can you please after your last post just start moderating the thread instead of forcing your opinion on it? Thank you in advance.

(If you can contribute like the, ‘can’t put it within a radius around the safehouse thing’, I do not mind.)

My only issue with the idea is the freedom of placement of that device and it’s guaranteed ability to draw in machines.

If there is no freedom where to place it, e.g only in certain spots, then i’m not against it.
With it, we would have two devices:

• comm array lures - freedom to place anywhere but no guarantee that anyone shows up
  • summoner beacon - no freedom in placement but guarantee that machines do show up

This would give a good balance for the game. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll moderate this one. So behave, kids :broom:

Just want to make sure we have plenty of options for placement. The problem with repeatable missions is the monotony of it. You are in the same setting every time with a fixed set of spawns/draws.

If you had maybe lets say 10-20 placement spots, then that would be great!

1 Like

We have a big map, so 10-20 spots would do just fine. E.g go to X spot, ring the “dinner bell” and let the machine armada to come. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes