Summoner Beacon

I know we have a bunch of tools at our disposal such as boomboxes, radios, array lures, flares, fireworks, but can we have maybe the Array Lures since they are more rare, or seem more rare at least summon enemies to a location by spawning them in.

You can setup a defense in a town, drop an array and have tanks/harvesters/runners and hunters start to close in on the location from a further spawning distance similar to summoning enemies.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Basically you wanted an electronic device that makes enemies spawn in a radius of 200 meters?
If thatĀ“s it, It would be great, because some areas are quite deserted, Ostervik is the biggest town and it has less enemies than some locations where there are less houses.
Towns and military installations should attract more enemies.

2 Likes

Pretty much, yes! :smile:

1 Like

I vote yes then :+1:

1 Like

I addressed this many a time, to no avail.
I really hope they add new spawn spots in cities and military placesā€¦

1 Like

Machine spawns, on demand by the player, smells a lot like cheese. :eyes:

2 Likes

OR

Some awesome roleplaying. :slight_smile:

As said, Iā€™d settle for a few more spawn places.
Not too manyā€¦
5000? :stuck_out_tongue:

I could already fast travel across the map and eat up all the machines I want. Whatā€™s wrong with bringing some of them to a group of people defending a city ( or castle :smiley: )? Either way machines are dying on their terms, or mine.

1 Like

While this idea may give some interesting gameplay, turning player into FNIX, who can airdrop machines in on a whim, doesnā€™t go well with the lore of the game.

Unless, you too think that player chars arenā€™t actually humans but instead another type of machines made by FNIX. :thinking:

I think you are reading a bit too far into it. Ideally the point is not to ā€œsummonā€, but summon would be the actual gameplay term.

The wording of the Array would go: ā€œEmits sound/waves that draw machines from extremely far distancesā€

Once placing the array on the ground the player waits a few moments as it emits extremely loud alarm. After a few moments you can begin to hear a few tanks or harvesters approaching with stomping sounds. First running in are runners followed by hunters and big guys in the back. The group can come from any direction or multiple direction of the radius.

Random amount of machines for each array will be a combo of:

• 2-4 mix of harv/tanks
  • 4-8 hunters
  • 8-12 runners

Either you will have a small battle or large battle pending on what spawns or how many spawns. (or how many players drop one) Smallest: 14 machines / largest 24 machines

It is not like we donā€™t kill more in a single session anyway.

1 Like

@Aesyle Actually the characters might not even be humanā€¦one possible interpretation from the Endgame, is that the characters have also evolved.
Remember they wake up from the shore, they could just be cyborgs.
They never die, they carry 90 kilos of ammo and weapons and can run a lot, they respawn after dying, not after at the beginning of a ā€œcheckpointā€.
So yes, they might even not be 100% Human.
The player will not be turned in ā€œFnixā€, itĀ“s just a Beacon that ā€œattractsā€ a certain number of enemies.
Enemies respawn all the time , otherwise the game Map would be empty.
@JayBowdy Random amount of machines to spawn looks balanced.
The enemies that spawn on the last Himfjall mission are a lot more than the number proposed here.
Seems feasible and a good idea.

1 Like

:drooling_face: canā€™t wait to do that mission!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been telling about this since way before my hiatus.
But it got laughed away.

Still, yes, SO bizarreā€¦
That would explain that everything is so easy to us, where ā€˜otherā€™ people died horribly in bushes.

Light, Medium and Heavy Comm Array Lures do exactly that and are already in the game.

ā€œA heavy communications array, salvaged from the wreck of a destroyed machine. They can be placed on the ground and used as a lure, drawing other machines to its location across a large area for a long time.ā€

Source: https://generation-zero.fandom.com/wiki/Heavy_Comm_Array_Lure

But rather than drawing in fixed amount and type of the machines, they draw in all machines that are in nearby area.

I donā€™t see the reason why they need to draw in fixed amount and type of machines.
Or as the saying goes: ā€œIf it ainā€™t broke - donā€™t fix it.ā€.

My 4 girls arenā€™t humans, at least for me. :slightly_smiling_face:
Further interesting reading: Character Biography

1 Like

Because it is my idea and others here support it?

It is a way to spawn enemies to you and defend an area. Not to wait and see what the messed up AI does with the arrays we have now.

Not all ideas are good ones. Sure, everyone can present their ideas and may get some support but they may also get opposition to the idea. Like in this case, iā€™m against it.

I like the idea thoughā€¦ Could be some kind of repeatable mission in the future. Itā€™s sorta in the game already, Alpine Unrest spoiler warning;

Summary

The mission where you activate the readiness alarm to drawn machines to the position.

1 Like

OK: pause everyone:
There can be consensus!
How about a moreā€¦ realisticā€¦ idea:

This ALREADY is in game, in another form: the horn ah Hjimfall.
Butā€¦ handheldā€¦ with a MUCH greater rangeā€¦?
The Hjimfall Horn effected ā€˜virtually the whole land of Hjimfallā€™, right?

Well: i present to you:
The solutionā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Being against something is one thing. Being rude is another.