SURVEY - ammo weight

We’ve seen quite a few points of feedback around inventory management and we are looking to improve the experience for all of you.
I wanted to get a quick idea of how you feel about a few aspects, starting out with ammo weight.

Note that neither this poll nor its outcome are a guarantee that we’ll take a specific course of action, this is just me gauging the general sentiment so we can weigh it against what’s possible technically.

How do you feel about the ammo weight?

• Ammo should be left as it is
  • Ammo should be reduced in weight across the board
  • Ammo should be weightless
  • Making ammo weightless should be an option to the player
0 voters
3 Likes

I’d be interested to see ammo getting their own storage but also more ammo types especially for some of the DLC weapons

Weightless is no option in my eyes.
It doesn’t matter much for i.e. 7.62 ammo, but it would be a big change for ammo for the granatgevär for example.

I think ammo should be left as it is, but weapons weights should be looked at.

3 Likes

both of those things would make the problem we’re trying to solve worse :grin: we want to make inventory management more intuitive and clear

I’d say ammo weight as a concept is fine, but there are some oddities.

9mm Handgun ammo weighs twice as much as 9mm SMG for some reason.

32 ACP weighs more than smg ammo despite being smaller.

5.56/7.62 weigh as much as 9mm SMG?

.44 rounds and Shotgun shells weigh 4x as much as 5.56/7.62.

4 Likes

Ammo weight should be reduced.
Some ammo types weight dont even make sense, why are pistols and submachine gun ammo more or as heavy as assault rifle ammo?
Mines are too heavy.

Just guessing, but I think they reduced the weight of those ammo types the players probably use more. Or at least which have a high bullet output on the battlefield.

I don’t think ammo weight needs to be changed, since it’s already somewhat balanced. However, I think gun weight would be a better place to look (I already have an old thread suggesting this). :sunglasses:

1 Like

Increase the size of the recycle bind. With all the things that can be crafted it make sense we should be able to store more junk as we build up the mass amounts of stuff we need to craft. Crafting something adds weight to the character and reduces weight from the recycle bind. Players complain about how much weapon mods cost in resources, you have to gather and store a lot for a single high tier mod.

2 Likes

If I would be asked if the ressources (those that are stored in a recycling station) should get a zero weight value, I could agree.
They don’t give us benefits in combat and are not useable without a recycling or crafting station.

Their current weight already has been reduced to a ridiculous low amount, some are needed more, some less. So you might be forced to drop those that are used less in order to become able to store others.
Well, once I would have said that this is part of the game… Managing inventory.

I personally don’t have issues with a full recycling station, but it can happen easily that I’m overencumbered because I took some more ressources or got a reward for an accomplished mission.

That’s unnecessary.