Survival mode in game

Oh, you cannot compare Skyrim with GZ.
And it doesn’t matter if survival works in skyrim, but in GZ it won’t.

That would be like comparing Gran Turismo/Forza/Grid/F1/NfS (pick one of your choice with an open world, idk) with GTA and either wanting a racing simulator mode for GTA or heists in the racing game.

Finally (for me) I see, that we “will fight an endless battle of arguments”. You have a wish, which I don’t see as realistic setting for this GZ.

I’ve stated my arguments not to make your idea bad, but to convince you that there are reasons that speak against it.

I failed and that’s ok. Good luck anyways.

3 Likes

CORRECTION!!!
Most people were “abducted” beforehand as the military tried to cover up what they had done so they removed most people from ostertorn before FNIX could kill them. Of course the military did a terrible job which is why there are so many bodies. If people hadn’t have been abducted beforehand there would be areas that were like mass graves…. And we don’t want mass graves

Sorry I’m a sad little know-it-all

Also btw I agree with madchaser and the rest of people. I don’t think that survival is realistic, simply because of the sort of game it is. I reckon it would make an excellent fan game for example, years after the event where everything is crumbling and the robots are rusty and don’t work properly anymore, and there’s like a few settlements. As well though, this would have to bring in some sort of currency, and considering the quality of the graphics in the main game, would be considerably difficult to do with the main fan base of most games not being able to make games (not sure about this group but I’m just saying that a majority of gamers don’t make games)

How do you see the health system that plays a big part in the game already, fitting in the “survival mode”? All 3 health kits become useless, the exp rounds that restore health to player and machines alike, becomes disabled, Unable to craft med kits, can’t collect use or craft adrenaline shots? Or when in survival mode they all still work? Don’t have food, just pop a health kit? You drop to zero % health because of hunger, all you can do is spawn back to some place but your health is still zero and you have no food, how will that work, you just die, game over, restart? Or you are close to death because of lack of water, just jump in the water and you go back to 100% healthy, but still lack sleep, energy or you need to poop just as a battle starts.

Needless to say, the health system would need to be completely reworked, and flip a switch it goes back to normal. And on the same note. Join a co-op and the host has the game set on survival mode. You lose all your health kits and shots, but you leave and go to another map, do you get it all back? I guess food and water sources would be locked and unlocked at the flip of a switch. Same with all the loot changes from weapons and supplies to food supplies. So that is looting and health that needs to change with every mode change.

Now lets think about how the machines will need to change. Machines should also be part of the survival mode correct, so they would need to run out of ammo, recharge and refuel as well. And they seem smart, they can destroy our food sources, making it harder to survive and fight them at the same time. And machines are the biggest source of all our supplies now, would the machines start have food, water packs…how does that fit in with why they would be carrying those things in the first place. The apparel will also need to be reworked, so we can find and craft warmer clothing, which schematics would also need editing. So, everything on how the game works would need to be changed and change back with the flip of a switch and subject to change on who’s map you join.

This is kind of like when players state that the game needs zombies, because other games have zombies. Maybe if we don’t eat food and drink enough, instead of dying, we turn to zombies and eat the other players and the game changes to a zombie game then, and we can then fix cars and trucks and race them while running over the machines and zombies.

These are my suggestions on how to add a little something to the game and make it work.

1 Like

Just seems like too much of a cut and paste from ARK. I was hoping when I saw the post it was about setting up another island that spawned enemies in a hoard mode that never ended or something similar. But this same topic has been broached for years and is equivalent to rewriting the whole game just to turn it off.

1 Like

I don’t know why everyone is saying survival would require the game to be “rebuilt from the ground up” let’s not forget that someone did this with 1 single mod for an old 2011 game like Skyrim… it shouldn’t be difficult… personally I thought thie game already had some type of survival mode so I was downloading it for the first time today… now I’m not really that interested… might save my space for a survival game

1 Like

A game with full official mod support… Which GZ isn’t.
And that will have reasons.

As the devs often stated, the current team isn’t the same which originally developed the game and there is so much in the code they first have to understand and then have to rebuild completly to reach the improvements they are aiming for.

And I’m not talking about introducing great new features and modes, I’m just talking about bugfixing and improving stability and performance.

And you see what issues are still there.