Switch engines!

i love this game so far and i havent even played it, but i really feel it would benefit switching over to unity 2023, or unreal engine 5, it would make the graphics and movement better, also add vaulting and mounting cover shooting

You love it, but haven’t played it, and want an engine change?

I’m afraid that’s never going to happen, short of a sequel but even then, all of their releases use the same engine. The Hunter, Just Cause, Mad Max, Rage 2, Second Extinction etc. (their in-house Apex engine) and migrating their development environments to a new engine would be a huge undertaking with a studio wide learning curve

Plus the movement / vaulting etc. isn’t a restriction of the engine but a creative choice. Second Extinction (built on the same engine) had far greater freedom of movement; including climbing / mantling / vaulting.

8 Likes

Yeah, that is pretty much impossible, when you choose an engine you gotta stick with it until you remake the game, like if they made Generation Zero 2. If they would try to change the engine it would take a lot of time and resources.