Tactical equipment pack 2 - experiments and discussion

I wondered that there wasn’t already a topic.
Feel free to write down your experiences while experimenting with the new stuff.

I also add a short testing video of @tene:

I for myself just tested the tick and the homing turret a bit. I used 3 of the turrets against a spetznaz firebird, but I was interrupted and wasn’t able to see the final result… And sadly had no adrenaline with me. But it looked great as long as I was able to follow it.

I’m prepared to test it again.

I used the tick to check the layout of a fully upgraded fnix base from safe distance. Then I used ticks for destroying the reachable spawn generators. 2 ticks were needed to destroy such a generator and the surrounding walls. In one case I destroyed 2 or 3 generators at once with 2 ticks. Great.

Next time I will try to sneak into a base after clearing the path with ticks and to open up the shield generators, then retreat and use ticks again to destroy them.

3 Likes

Oh I like that. :slight_smile:

Then go off and annoy a Reaper.

I haven’t been using them tactical yet, but gave the Homing Turret and the Remote Tick a quick try, and they sure are great fun to use in all sorts of ways. I already used the Explosive dog near base walls and doors to collapse them but then I need to run in to place it there. The tick is better for that. :+1:

1 Like

My own experience with the new “toys” have been a lot of fun and very useful.

The homing turrets were used to attack a few seekers but went on to destroy all the runners and a few hunters the seekers called in. Some of the runners were behind buildings and were still destroyed by the turrets. Also used a few of the turrets to keep the machine count down while attacking a fnix base, very effective tools but are heavy to carry. Used the remote radio to distract a reaper enough to fire at the radio. The remote control tick did damage to the reaper and I used a tick to blow up 3 runners at one time.

Because the new toys cost weight. I was overweight, used a motor bike to get to a fnix base, deployed a few turrets, became light enough to sprint again. So used the motorbike DLC and the Tach 2 DLC to add to my tactics.

The cost to craft the toys seems fair also. Would be nice to have the ability to mount a turret to a motorbike. Be fun to ride up to a Wolf with all the lynx running around to toast them all without dismounting the bike

1 Like

:rofl:

Would look weird, I guess.
But could be fun with both of the turrets or even with the tac shield for covering your back.

Reminds me of the Vespa 150 TAP :smiley:

Summary

Vespa 150 TAP - Wikipedia

1 Like

I’m gonna start with TacPac1 stuff that was upgraded too.

The Portable Turret is now a LOT more useful. More than capable of taking on a hunter, so long as you can keep it in its somewhat limited firing arc. The crafting change made it so it’s much easier to make. It’s still best used in groups or with something to draw fire; watching them chew through enemies is pretty cathartic. It’s still pretty weight prohibitive though.

The Molotov hasn’t seen that much change in itself; although it seems to have been made slightly lighter 0.25kg → 0.2kg. The Molotov’s claim to fame is that it deals consistent damage regardless of difficulty; since difficulty only affects damage done BY the player, not by environmental effects.

The Portable Shield has been buffed tremendously, although it’s still kinda small and you’ll still be hit by gunfire even when crouching. The crafting recipe is somewhat cheaper, but still uses titanium; which drops from higher level enemies. Not very useful against explosives weapons - which will probably go around or over it - or smaller enemies - who will just flank you. Stacking helps a bit, but it’s still pretty heavy.

Remote Explosive is still great, better than the grenade in pretty much every way - although grenades cost less explosive.

Explosive Toy Lure is still as adorable and deadly as ever. They got a slight range buff for some reason - they were already plenty powerful. They still won’t one-shot hunters without help, but you can chain them with cars or other explosives.

Okay let’s move on to the new stuff.

Toy Car Lure is probably the weakest item on this list. For what it’s capable of I’d probably use the Dogomb instead. There’s still niche uses like luring enemies off cliffs and into water. It would be nice if we could control it like the tick.

The Hacking Dart is dirt cheap for its effect and light enough to carry around for normal use. It’s a shame that it basically eclipses the hacking skill. Maybe if there was a synergy between it and the hacking spec it would work with it instead of against it.

Personally, I find the RC Tick more of an amusement tool that something that useful. It IS useful mind, but it’s a slow delivery system for an explosion. In which case I’d rather stack traps or remote bombs.

The sensory disruptor is utterly borked for its cost, completely invalidating the stealth skills. Again, hoping for some synergy with the spec.

Again, the Homing Turret is another amusement tool over something I’d regularly use. It’s expensive, heavy, but hot damn is it fun.

1 Like

Homing turret is a resource sink that can turn base def and enemy armies into dust if spammed. I think hacking dart is still OP as it can get you free kills when just neutering/destroying the hacked enemy. Sensory jammer does eclipse stealth skills but costs too much for consistent use. I personally love this pack.

2 Likes

Oh one more nice fact.
Met a soldier class wolf.
Took my exp PVG and shot off the selfhealing modules, the rocket launchers and its head armor.
Then took cover behind a rock, launched a tick, moved it right under the wolf and bam. Wolf destroyed.

Ok, here it is.
I visited a lvl 1 fnix base.

To destroy its defense and the base in total I just used ticks, a sensory jammer and 1 shot of my PVG.

Btw. Did you know that you can activate the sensory jammer and then switch to another item? Activate it, run to a hostile tank, throw a hacking dart on him (you’re still invisible) and ran away to take cover… Or place some homing turrets in the middel of a battlefield between fnix and soviets. :joy:

2 Likes

that’s a mouth full lol,