Tales from the Loop

Continuing the discussion from Something “GenZ” to watch over Xmas:

Wow! I just finished watching the series because my friend immediately thought about it when I showed him the Steam page for Generation Zero. (He ended up buying the game.)

That was cool sci-fi. It’s definitely not for everyone, but I hope they someday make a sequel or something… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just started watching this :+1:

1 Like

I was hoping for way more from the series tbh. Now it was just made like the Twilight Zone, with scenery and items inspired from Simon Stålenhags books. Quite disappointing imho.

Didnt see anyone say Terminator yet… Both Terminator 1 and 2 are just awesome movies with a bit of GZ vibe!

3 Likes

Have you ever seen the latest „War of the Worlds“ reissue. It was a Sky series last year and a new season began in early 2021.

The series played in France. Strange spaceships shaped like meteors landet on earth. A big ESP shockwave killed most of the people. The survivors where hunted by dog like robots. They where looking like the Robots from Boston dynamics. A handfull of people make a journey and meet at the end some people in a Ski Hotel in Grenoble. The End of the first season was a fight at the Hotel vs. the Alien Dogs. It was like GZ.

For me the best GZ-like was one of the Black Mirror episodes - season 4, episode 5 - “Metalhead”

• In the post-apocalyptic landscape of the Scottish Moors, a woman attempts to survive the land full of “dogs.”

@helldiver I love that TV show. Can’t wait for the 3rd season :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I’ll rewatch Metalhead.

Watched it yesterday night. it was awesome close to GZ. I’m looking also forward to the third season of “War of the Worlds” :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Have you got those VHS to play yet?

Will watch that looks interesting :+1::+1:!

I have a VHS Player what works and enough beer. Unfortunately you both are too faraway.

I almost went and bought the book… Well… Now that I think of it, I kinda want to buy it now… :sweat_smile:

The series is based on the book with the same name. It’s an illustration book / graphic novel / hard to describe.

1 Like

I bought the book of his art work as it’s really cool I think, just waiting on EBay !