Terminators in Generation Zero

I could see a terminator like thing very easily but not a “terminator” in everything i have seen of GZ thus far a terminator would not fit as they are however a quick and dirty GZ version of the terminator that i could very much see.
take a hunter shrink it down to the size of the player give it a solid armor plate chest (none of those moving bits of the original terminators but a chest that looks like pure armor plate maybe under it have some componenty things) and give it a hunter like head that props out the top and is attached different.
the armor it has would account for a difficulty equivalent to other hunters. oh and give it 3 finger 1 thumb kinda hands

1 Like

I like that idea. And they could be really fast too. I may have said this earlier, but if we gave them actual hands (like what yamibelle was saying) they could open the doors to the house and chase you inside.

That would make them a harder machine by way of strategy at least.

Also, we might want to think about making the terminator bot a soviet bot, simply because I feel like the design would fit more. Not to mention the soviets have less bots so far.

No make it American not soviet. Give it an N16 and make them go after the others. I could also see them with numbers going after the sov and swed toasters too cause their design they could easily function as a tank or hunter or runner in effect. Or maybe make some “hunter killer” like thing based from the terminator kinda like a recreation of skynet based stuff came from America.

1 Like

I don’t lile the idea of terminators, but this thing with the hunter killers is a point I already suggested, too. Search the forum for it. :wink:

Well, I think at this point we have decided that a literal terminator isn’t overly viable due to fines and things if that nature. I think what were more going for is a humanoid bot. Possibly Soviet or American. It would fight the machines and you.

Personally I still feel like it should be a Soviet bot since they currently only have two. But that’s just my opinion.

What kinds of attributes are we thinking we want it to have for the different classes of machine?

Oh i did honestly the credit for hunter killer bit goes to you i was just mixing and matching and mashing our ideas to bring the Americans to the fight.

Base them off of a 1980s 1990s styled skynet with a GZ twist

Thx for the credit.
Why pulling another active faction with machines into the combat? That would be too much in my eyes. The game already changed that much by adding the soviets. Of course, it’s cool to hear the distant battles while walking through a forrest.

But the once loved silence when walking around and hearing for a sign of machines is already gone most times.

And even if it’s cool to just watch a large battle between fnix and the soviets, a third faction in there would be too much.

Hunter killer machines for fnix like high flying mixes of harvesters (call in Hunters/runners like a dropship, maybe missile pods) and seekers are cool.

It could although be an alternative to the Reaper which has no problems with the terrain or obstacles, is not armed as heavy as the reaper and just has two shield generators… But is heavier to be hit as it is more agile.

Alternative to the terminator idea:
What about a little obsure idea regarding the soviet special forces soldiers?
It has been told that they wear exosuits!

So what if these exosuits are machine controlled, too? There could be living or dead soviet soldiers in exosuits walking around and fighting against their will.

If not soviet controlled there could even be some with a tick at their back controlling them. Imagine the living ones maybe screaming while being forced to walk side by side with the machines and being used as cannonfodder.

I don’t know if it could be realized with the games engine in a propper way. You know how the human animations look like. :unamused:

It could bring a darker tone into the game with an anti-war-epos and a moralic gap. You see these human beings being forced to fight you and other machines by an AI. And you as player would be forced to defend against them who tried to help you against fnix and will be forced to kill these innocents.

Wow, I really like these thoughts.

Reminds me of the tick i saw molesting a dead body… i actually had to check with my wife to see if she saw it too. She bought me the game and loves watching me play.

The big trick is the T800 just does not fit the soliets.
Look at the things on the rolly balls i forget what they are called they are the soviet answer to the runners. The ball things are bigger actually watched a runner get run over by a loose ball.
The wolf looks to be the answer to the hunters
Speculation the bear would be answer to the tanks and likly a whole lot bigger then a tank.

Meanwhile in America a t800 would likly be their answer to the hunter and the “hunter killers” would be like the tanks.

But i agree 3 factions going at it would be a little much if they were all in the same area.

Yeah no please no more machine factions

2 Likes

Honestly though. You cannot copyright a bipedal robot with arms. GZ can use whatever design they come up with, just not a copied one. Examples like Legion and The Geth from Mass Effect, HK47 from SWTOR, Every synth in Fallout 4, Fulgore from Killer Instinct, Cyrax and Sektor in Mortal Kombat and I haven’t even started on movie robots yet show that there is an almost endless variety of human size bipedal robot designs you can come up with that are not copies of The Terminator so I see no reason to get hung up on that.
The issue in my opinion would be a matter of, is there really room for another faction of robots in Östertörn?

2 Likes

Amazing idea though I think that might up the game rating a notch :joy:

Well, maybe… There don’t have to be blood or splatter effects although it would be cool somehow, but the main targets would be the control-units of the exosuits.

Oh I already imagine pumping one with the exp shotgun…

1 Like

Personally I think there is room for them, but they might be more sparse, or delegated to different regions to mitigate lag.

I’m not sure about the human aspect. It’s good in theory, but would Fnix really spend all the time and recourse to mind control humans and turn them into slaves? I feel like a human equivalent robot would make more sense for the atmosphere. Especially since if the humans are alive, keeping them that way would require food and water. And dead ones would rot, which isn’t as much of an issue, but why deal with that when you can just build bots?

Not to mention you would have to come up with a way to contain the humans until they could be processed.

No containing, no processing.
And not just a thought for fnix. Yes, it was one part of my idea to let ticks control those exosuite-soviet-soldiers.

But in general the idea was that they would be remote controlled by the soviet AI. And that just as long as they are useful. Imagine using an exosuite where suddenly an AI takes control of the suite and controls your movement.

Dead or alive doesn’t matter in this fact and in my idea. The AI controlls the movement and therefore all they need are guns… Or explosives.

It could give the game some very new elements others just wanted by adding a zombie mode.

Imagine walking in a shiny night through the forests of the marshlands. It’s foggy and quiet. Somewhere in the distance there are sounds of a battle between soviet machines and fnix.

You come to a small camp of soviet soldiers and begin to loot everything.

Suddenly there is an effect on the dead bodies similar to the healing animation of the soviet machines. The exosuits got activated remotely and the dead soldiers seem to stand up. They are dead, but they slowly move. They take a nearby gun and start shooting at you or walk towards you to trigger a grenade and explode.

Freaky but exciting.

1 Like

I wish this would come true, but highly unlikely. They wouldn’t want to go through the paperwork for the rights to this, but not to mention the cost for acquiring such rights. Wouldn’t make sense for a game that minuscule. But hey, wishful thinking, I’m on board!

Well, what if they did something sort of like Mass Effect. In that, the husks WERE human, but were weaponized via mechanical spikes that altered them, making them partially inorganic/mechanical.

Obviously the devs would have to come up with their own idea, but that could possibly work. It actually might explain those pods that you find towards the end of the game.

a humanlike machine would probably look like a hunter-runner hybrid. runner, standing up, head shorter, facing forward. shoulder mount would hold a runner missile launcher and the arm would be a mix of hunter and runner gun. other arm has something resembling a hand. this machine can open doors. maybe instead of just attacking you like every other robot this one hides and follows you around, and when you go inside a house it silently follows you and tries to kill you when you don’t expect it. there would have to be no stealth meter or combat music for this machine. almost silent except for quieter robot sounds.

Thats not bad, it could even be equipped with a short-term tactical cloak so it can dissapppear from view for a few seconds. In this mode it would only be visible in a Infrared sight attachment. This could also open doors for a new dlc that includes some kind of cloak.