The Case for Keeping a Level Cap (plus some)

Anybody who has already reached the maximum level in Generation Zero just know how much time you have to put into this game in order to to achieve this goal, yes it could be increased but at what cost? Having to many perks points to make an overpowered character in some games feels great but in this case I only think it would degrade the experience to a certain degree.

What would be better instead is having the level cap 31 so you can obtain 30 perks points and be able to allocate and respec these perks points as you see fit along side a more flexible perks point system. The new system I am referring to is the same perks system the Borderlands franchise uses where you don’t have to spec into perks in a descending order
(from top to bottom vertically) in order to get perks in a different column in the same perk tree.

This feature combined with the respecing ability (which I think should have no cooldown except for when in combat) should dramatically change the interaction within the game for the better.

Let me know what you think below!!! Happy Hunting!!!

2 Likes

Perks are overrated. I have 3 lvl31 chars (only one of them is fully skilled). My 4th char is lvl27 right now (got him up from lvl5 to lvl27 cause I was hunting for a golden kvm-89) and yes you can kill apo tanks with a lvl5 char easy. The lvl27 char has only 4 perks point spend (to get additional inventory space) thats all and I can kill any machine on the island and all rivals with ease. So perks are overrated, they help yes but you can do fine without any perk points spent. So would raising the level cap hurt? No it wont. Whats needed is imo a remake of the skill trees.

1 Like

There is already a topic in the forums where someone else wanted to turn GZ into carbon copy of Borderlands 3,
link: Change specing down trees

My thoughts about it are well written in there.

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll be sure to look at it.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

Though, next time, it would be nice if you could refer to me by the right gender term.
In your case, i can say with confidence that you’re a male, by r34d1ng th3 l33t.

1 Like

Locking the thread and deleting multiple comments for off topic chatter. Thank you all for participating in the thread! Hopefully in the future we can all keep conversations on topic, appropriate for the forums, and play nice together.

boston_51