The future of the gz universe

M79 grenade launcher?
I just hope the missions are interesting, if they are copy paste “challenges” it will not be very interesting at all.

Agreed. Also on the topic of copy and paste, event items / loot needs a refresh. THAT should be a community supported development.

1 Like

M79 grenade launcher, why?

That’s what Arnie used in T2 - it was a reference to the character being a terminator as mentioned above

2 Likes

well i dont understand but nevermind

Watch Terminator 2: Judgment day (1991), then you will understand.

2 Likes

My preference would be dual wield AR-18 and SPAS-12.

Actually we need a better semi automatic shotgun, SPAS-12 would be great.:wink:

SPAS-12 nowadays as cringey as Desert Eagle with it’s pop-culture spread. Mossbergs/Remingtons pumps, even more ubiquitous, don’t receive much flak but that’s due classic and tested pattern.
Sjorgen ain’t that bad. Problem is that it’s a century old civilian shotgun. There was 7.63 rilfe with same build and box magazine. Slap that box mag for Sjorgen shotgun and we’re set.

Current MAI (Machines’ Artificial Intelligence) is still concerning me. Reaper shown a great concept for further improvements, at least for tanks and ranks (for example “run-and-gun” instances). So using both Reaper and tanks in general (all from Prots to Apocs) as example since these two are basically same “chassis”, but Reaper shown better performance as a separate entity with better tactical responsiveness (like pepositioning and hiding/moving away weak spots). I still consider tanks in general dumbest machines for their great hardware wasted on poor performance and susceptibility to the most stupid tricks (did you seen mah new stage lights?). Reaper is guily for that too but “more random behavior” (gas and thermobarric attacks helps too), so to speak, makes tricks’ utility inconsistent.

Second concern of MAI is perception. Hunters, even basic Prots, still ignore smoke. Didn’t do that test on dogs yet. Smoke do confuse harvester and tanks targeting, though. But harvesters react to smallest noise in that direction. Still need testing on Apoc harvester due to technically different armament.

Harvesters are easy bullying victims - well, justified that they are ain’t direct combat machines and their armament is for support and self-defence. But when they’re out of reinfocements and neutered - you may humiliate them in most cruel ways. IMO - some improvements on their “martial arts” needed, to make 'em even more dangerous in cqc, like leaps and kicks with hind legs.

Hunters while being already a dangerous “infanty” units, have greatest potential to uncover among all presented machines, both in MAI and hardware.
Like FNIX Hunter’s potential wasted on it’s exclusive shotgun while being awesome, it’s very impractical, especially after June’20 fix. April’20 FNIX hunters was very dangerous with their targeting and flechette was barely dodgeable even with heavy investment on movement-related skills. Now you can “dodge” the flechette and concussion rifles just by walking. Well, jump-stab move still has wide and painful splash damage.
Apoc hunters despite having nasty AoE and DoT armament, are weak in open areas and against mobile characters, that are keeping distance “just outside” of flamethrower range. “High arc” mortar ain’t helping there too - again, mobile characters are able consistently avoid mortar shells. The only thing that keep 'em high in danger list is their toughness and 4-pack per one Harvester call.
Prot and army hunters enjoy their machineguns as most practical “arm” guns. If I have to choose to fight between one military havester and three FNIX harveters, I’d choose latter, since latter’s hunters are easy to group and kite (ticks are still nuisance) and former’s “area-of-denial” with accurate MG’s are real pain in legs if you ain’t fast enough at neutering and dodging their bullets.
So I’m trying to say, that higher Hunter ranks lack practical weapons. For Apoc Hunter as an alternative to flamethrower Skirmisher’s toxic SMG would be incredible addition for squad mix-up. For FNIX hunters reliance on their exclusive and only option “slow velocity” shotguns ain’t healthy too, especially after June’20 targeting patch. Occasional concussion rifles do improve their odds, but that’s their only “shoulder” option and not everyone equipped with it.
Continuing on Hunter’s hardware, I’d like to see more variety on ticks deployed (FNIX Explo-Ticks are exclusive to FNIX Harv’s) and mine laying ability, like scattering Apoc Tank’s mines from waist box.

About Wolverines - they are good as they are now, but I’d like to see more “run-and-gun” for higher ranks: the moment they stop - they became extremely vulnerable to one-shot from “cheap” SP/HP and slug ammo. For prot and military machines that would be understandable, but for more advanced FNIX and Apoc that’s a very glaring flaw.

Apoc Seeker when? :slight_smile:

Some great points well made here, and yes - Apoc Seeker is an interesting idea