The Generation Zero EULA needs change

Here is a little video of me discussing the EULA. Wich I think is a subject not many people talk about.

4 Likes

Good video.

I do not agree with you all the time but this is certainly a topic of concern I have.

On one hand, the EULA probably has a lot of generic legal pargraphs thrown to cover themselves in case of problems. Possibly some stuff was copy pasted from other games’ EULA’s from Avalanche.

On the other hand it still means those paragraphs are there and can be used.

Personally I talk about mods a lot of the time (here and on the discord), and usually nothing happens. I think part of is that enforcing the rule is becoming less of a thing from my perspective. This plays into the “double standard”, you mentioned. Some people are warned for mods while others are not. Part of this may be how beneficial they are to the game, another part may just be the spotty enforcement in general.

I know plenty of people that use mods and they still seem to do it fine. (granted they do not talk about it in official circles too much, but someone within Systemic reaction has to know about it at this point.

This is not to discount any of your points, just to point out it may be various reasons for the wacky enforcement, not just pure double standards. I still find it hilarious the wiki has a mods page too.

I still agree the EULA probably needs to be looked over and changed. Mods should definitely be allowed, as all it does is make your game look better. At the end of the day nothing will probably happen. Changing the EULA probably takes money and effort, and we all know that kind of push is hard to come by, especially on old stuff. For now we just get pack after pack.

Also very funny somebody flagged your post. I feel there should be some sort of joke about irony in there somewhere.

2 Likes

Funny that you would mention that, Second Exintcion actually shares the same EULA. Now I don’t know about other Avalanche products, but Systemic reaction being a subsidiary maybe affects things.

There certainly can be different reasons, but at the same time there ought to be communication with moderators, devs etc etc.

Yeah, I have a feeling that nothing will actually happen. Still I thought it was important to point this inconsistency out. I think it would at least be nice to get an official statement that would say “We allow this and not this”. If Neebsgaming are allowed to use mods, then why cant we? (Probably money)

I’ve never seen a company be self aware about selling incomplete products before lol

There is a shocking amount of talk in the EULA about how SR has no right to complete their product or keep them “Error and Virus free”

1 Like

They bought the EULA, you damn well bet they are gonna use all of it.

1 Like

The Hunter: Call of the Wild has the same section. I’ve also checked with other games not made by Avalanche Studios and their EULA’s have similar sections. So this isn’t something unique to Systemic Reaction.

I think, the main reason it’s there is because it’s an evolving game with constant development.

Could you provide examples of such games?

If perhaps GZ was released as a playable and bug free product then I would agree. But in the end GZ came out rocky and very buggy. Sure no game is free of bugs, but it’s been such a big problem that makes it hard to ignore. Especially when paid DLC seems like a bigger priority. Now if GZ was released as an early access game like SE, then the EULA would have seemed more reasonable.

Evolving game with constant development is just another way to say early access in my opinion.

I just looked up some games with similar themes in my Steam library. They weren’t nearly as blatant as Systemic Reaction’s EULA though…

Just trying to make sense of it all. Perhaps someone on the dev team could answer it better. :man_shrugging:

Let’s kick the devs even more, with some EULA nonsense. Lying memes aren’t enough :-1:

Memes seem to be true to me :man_shrugging:

1 Like