The level cap shafts solo players

First of all, I understand that the devs want different players in a group to specialize in different things so that together they make up a well-rounded team, but that doesn’t work for solo players. Solo players have to be well rounded by themselves, and spreading that well-roundedness across multiple characters doesn’t work. My character that specializes in survival (with a larger amount of health) can’t benefit from my character that specializes in support’s increased healing. There is no conceivable situation in which I would want a larger base health pool but not the ability that allows me to be efficient when healing said larger health pool. This is just a poorly thought out measure. This limit is a serious turn off for me, and I might leave the game because of it. At the very least players should have the option to respec their ability points so that they aren’t punished for not knowing about the level cap, which is never mentioned anywhere in the game. If players put off getting certain perks until later without realizing that there is a level cap then they might be up a creak without a paddle when they reach level 31. And reaching level 31 on a new character can take upwards of 100 hours. This is not a fun game mechanic, and it actually detracts from the game as a whole.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Skills Respec please