The Pontus Magnum

Yes, that could be it a real nasty weapon :grin:

OK, base model candidate is the S&W Magnum 500. As the .44 in game is already “made” maybe just an upscale in size to create the hand cannon size increase wouldn’t be too difficult.

Maybe get some nice shots of one, front, back, and both sides and can leave a template file here so those who can navigate photoshop have a point of origin.

Pontus 500 is a really good name for it

1 Like

Id also like to include a Dala Horse emblem on it. Location…still undecided

1 Like

Side View Model 500 with Barrel length 10.5 inch build in gun compensator

front view

more picture at the webside of Smith & Wesson choose Model 500 and barrel lengt 10.5 inch

Oh
My
Days

1 Like

YEEAAAHH This is the 10.5 inch barell with bipod, there is one similar with 14 inch barell and caliber .460 and bipod.

I think 10.5 inches is enough for Pontus

I full agree with you :smile:

I’ll try get some nice pics shortly.

1 Like

1 Like

While chipping away at horsey this afternoon, I was thinking about the tone of the weapon. Reason being, I thought about a laser sight. Same as the hunters have, but the feature on reflection is a bit - watered down it’s all been done before. So in keeping with “tone” is a 10.5" Barrel that fires .50BMG rounds suitable?

…maybe not in Sweden in the 80’s / 90’s as much as we would like as it was developed in 2003

However, and making things a little easier on the dev’s - I think we should modify the current .44 Magnum instead of a whole new design. The experimental weapons all follow that mantra, and so should this one.

I agree. To make it a little easier for the devs, they can took the smaller 460 S&W is similar to the .44 Magnus.

The weapons in the game are all surface Modells and it takes a little time to design it. But with this weapon they can take the existing Model and modify this a little bit. I think they work with Autodesk Maya or somthing similar. Laser Pointer or laser aiming devices have exist in the outgoing eigthees.
A Laser pointing device would be fine because you had not to aim like with a scope you can shoot from the hip then the laser point on your target shows you where your shot will hit.

The 10.5 inch Barrel shoots not with cal 50 BMG (Browning Machine Gun) because that is much to long 12,7 x 99 mm that is developed for sniper riffels

The 500 Smith & Wesson has a length from 58,4 mm

The 460 based on the x Frame what was developed for the 500 S&W, but pherhaps at the outgoing 80’s it is a Experimental weapon :smiley:

However what the Devs will do Caliber .44 or .460 or pherhaps .500 an upgradet Magnus with gleaming P O N T U S on the Barrel and Laser aiming device and not to forget with the swedish Flag at the handles would be a fine weapon :smile:

1 Like

Really nice pictures :smiley: how did you make it?

You can rotate the big 3D image in inventory view. On PC: hold right mouse button down and drag left/right.

1 Like

Ohhh, that’s new for me
Thank you Aesyle for this tip

The noise that this makes when unsilenced is gonna be epic ( I personally think that some weapons are better unsilenced and when silenced it ruins it a bit )