The Pontus Magnum

Right,

I’ll get this started. Following another great stream meeting the Doc and Laura with the main man himself, the subject once again came up. Now, fair to say @Avalanche_Pontus has certainly earned his stripes at Avalanche HQ - and with a little help from the community…one day, may actually get to holster his very own entry into the game.

I’m sure there are A LOT of talented people within this community that could even put a few ideas together, and maybe a few CAD designs to really put it into form. A unique 6* Experimental Magnum.

Let’s make it happen.

5 Likes

Wonder if I’m partly to blame for this. I photoshopped this just for fun and sent it to @Avalanche_Pontus last week, to see his reaction.

11 Likes

Superb Xezr.

We know it can be done - I’m hoping more will come on board.

I want a tiny picture of his face on the drum

Get it photoshopped mate, down the line we can talk what experimental perk it will have.

Get it in game** PONTUS NEEDS EXP MAGNUM**

1 Like

Perfect description would be: “Pontus. Världens starkaste och snällaste hand kanon!”

1 Like

Rather than naming the upcoming 6* .44 Magnum to “Pontus”, how about putting capital letters of “PONTUS” on it’s barrel (like engraving), so when holding it, the name is seen? Some illumination of the letters (e.g faint neon blue) would make it visible in the night as well.

Edit:
My idea in visual form:

6 Likes

Oh now that I like…yes engraving something special to make it custom and unique.

Maybe @Avalanche_Pontus will have to share some of his likes so we can get inspiration on the design. I also feel I may need photoshop :cowboy_hat_face:

The Pontus magnum gets so hot from the upscale in power, at night during cooldown (after a full 6 rounds used at once) the inscription can be seen going from white, yellow, red, then fade out.

An extremely tasty feature during reload sequence.

1 Like

Some of my thoughts on the Pontus magnum:
The Pontus Magnum should be found in: A secret spot that is hard to get to (maybe parkour?) guarded by the best machines and be in an area liked by Pontus. Also it should totally be the colours of Sweden as the main body, blue and yellow. The Pontus magnum would lock on to the machine and and bullets should arc to the machine if it misses when aiming down sights.

2 Likes

What if, every time you shoot it, the barrel glows in a certain color (cyan / red?), revealing the letters P O N T U S? Then it slowly starts to fade again

2 Likes

Sure. Why not.
Though, this way, the engraving wouldn’t be that obvious and it would be invisible in inventory view.

1 Like

It could be a normal engraving and as soon as you fire it, it lights up

I like that idea a lot. But as Aesyle said, visibility in daylight would be an issue.

Unless, the detail is white - and the barrel is dark is should be visible in the daylight, inventory, and as mentioned above, glow from white to that experimental cyan, or green same as scope on AG5.

What’s about a bigger Caliber, Caliber .50 (like the 50 Smith&Wesson Model 500) to cause really heavy damage. then the glowing P O N T U S and the swedish flag on the handle

2 Likes

hahah, wow. This is amazing. You guys really are the best!!

6 Likes

That’s the 500 Magnum S&W a real beast.

No No No! You guys on the GZ team are the best! We wouldn’t be here without you! :grin::grin::grin: Thank you GZ Team!

1 Like

Now that is a gun suitable, a real hand cannon.

Pontus 500 Maybe?