The special AI-76 looks ugly

This is just a small rant, and note this is just critique and is not intended for harassing the devs nor anyone else for that matter. Since I started playing this march 2019 and got the special AI-76 I noticed that the it look rather ugly. When I later got my hands on the purple version I noted that that one looked way cooler. But I never wanted to switch over because of the lower damage. That is just my rant over. As previously stated this is not intended to harass the devs.

KräftaN out

The shiny finish of 5* weapons personal preference. I know some others who don’t like the “chrome” look and are using instead 4* versions. I, personally, don’t mind it since it isn’t that intrusive.

It is, of course, a question of taste, and personally I could do without the green phosphor on some of the 5* weapons. Still, it is a case where I pay respect to the devs for going the extra mile and actually making different textures (maybe even models) for the various quality-categories. Other games just use one and the same bitmap and just slap a label on it.

I, too, wouldn’t mind a nitty gritty, wooden AK, as it is my A#1-rifle in the game, but I can live with all the chrome :slight_smile:

EDIT:

You’re right, it’s day and night. I don’t know how to convert the difference to football fields but in magazines it is around half a mag between 4* and 5* per bot.

That’s the thing, I know I could just use 4* version but that deals less damage and since I am a solo player playing on Guerilla that really isn’t a option

Another option would be using 6* weapons. E.g 6* AG4 with heated bullets is the highest damage a-rifle in the game and it doesn’t have the chrome finish either.

Screenshot comparison between 5* and 6* AG4

5* AG4

6* AG4

If it’s not already, weapon skins should be on the feature list… :thinking::sunglasses:

And make GZ into Fortnine? No thanks.

2 Likes

Is the underlying implication here that skins will make the game silly? In that case, let me elaborate. Would it hurt the game that you could choose to skin your weapon up to the tier you have? For instance if you have a 6-star weapon, you can choose any skin for 6-stars or below (this is basically what the OP is about).
Skins could also be unlocked via in-game achievements - or found, just like clothing. Actually, I don’t really see the difference between weapon skins and the clothing items we already have, as both are vanity items.
I would strongly advice against skins that can be bought or traded though, as in some other games.
How does that make it Fortnite? :sunglasses:

I could very much live with that. Not that I buy too much into that whole texture thing, but I wouldn’t mind a camo-version for a PVG for example (or a white one if it’s snowy). I’m with you on the trading thing: better not open that can of worms.

Also a nice idea, and a system like that doesn’t need to be as weird as e.g. SniperElite where all your weapons turn into shiny gold.

Nah, I was more thinking some nice camo skins that already fit in with the exorbitant amount of clothing available. :sunglasses: But for that 80’s vibe, maybe a gold sidearm could be an option! :wink:

Already in the game. 6* .50 cal has (woodland) camo skin on it.

Screenshot comparison between 5* and 6* .50 cal

5* .50 cal

6* .50 cal

Main discussion about weapon skins here: Weapon reskins customization.
I also shared a thought or two of mine in there.

:nauseated_face:

They sure know how to hide a camo-paint on a weapon but fair enough.

1 Like

Its Camo! It was hiding from you…

2 Likes

yeah, looks like it. Though I meant a more distinctive kind of camo … Sniper Elite 3-style with grass and whatnot on the gun itself, or more toned to the soil/acres (brownish), or (it’s Sweden after all) a white one. Anyway … my mind is with tomorrow’s DLC-drop and update :slight_smile:

I love the Dilapidated 1* looks of the AI-76. It’s rusted, caked in dirt smudges and it looks like it’s spent 50 years in a ditch but somehow, just like an AK-47 it still works :slight_smile:

That it’s still smudged in Special 5* quality is fine to me. It’s a weapon with character.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. I would love to be rocking the AI-76 Dilapidated version. But that lower damage is really a turn off

I completly agree with you

1 Like

Would make it a “sleeper” weapon… :wink:

1 Like

Exactly. And I think that Aesyle is misunderstanding us. We dont mean that we want to paint our guns pink or yellow. We mean minor thinks like scratching the gun or just changing the look so that the 5* level of a gun looks like the 3* level. Not repainting the gun

1 Like

I get your point but it wouldn’t make sense for worse looking gun to deal more damage than better (newer) looking gun.