The special AI-76 looks ugly

Exactly. And I think that Aesyle is misunderstanding us. We dont mean that we want to paint our guns pink or yellow. We mean minor thinks like scratching the gun or just changing the look so that the 5* level of a gun looks like the 3* level. Not repainting the gun

1 Like

I get your point but it wouldn’t make sense for worse looking gun to deal more damage than better (newer) looking gun.

The experimental PVG and KVM SOUND ugly.
Not the kabooms, the idle.
Guns that idle…
These guns are great, mighty, and powerful…we will annoy you for using them with buzzing and whirring noises and call it “much needed balance”.
lol
First time in a video game I’ve ever switched to my sidearm simply to maintain what’s left of my sanity.
:crazy_face:

Well if the internals of the gun is the same then there shouldn’t be a problem.

They should have made the AI-76 the experimental, and dump the AG4

2 Likes

Or they could just add an EXP AI-76. Unless i am misunderstanding you. The exp AG4 also makes sense in game. as that was the main rifle of the military. Though I would love an EXP AK.

I’d rather see the AI-76 completely removed from the game than AG4. AG4 is in every way superior to the AI-76.

I like both. I would like to hear why you think this? I know the AG4 is more accurate.

or are we talking about experimentals. if so the EXP AG4 is better by a longshot

There are no experimental AI-76 in the game as of yet, so, we can’t compare experimental AG4 with regular AI-76 because it wouldn’t be fair comparison.

Sure, i’ll explain. And here, i compare regular AG4 with regular AI-76, based on in-game stats and my own testing of both weapons as well;

1. Attachments

Both weapons can take: silencer, barrel extension, mag extender and Red dot scope.
But what AG4 can additionally take, are: 1-4x scope, 4-8x scope and any vision mod as well.

1. Damage

AG4 has higher damage per bullet than AI-76.

1. Recoil

AG4 has less recoil than AI-76 has.

1. Accuracy

Due to the recoil difference, AG4 is more accurate than AI-76 is.

1. Fire rate

AI-76 has better fire rate than AG4.

1. Magazine size

By default, AG4 has 20 rounds mag and AI-76 has 30 rounds mag. Equipping 5* mag extension brings the round count for AG4 to 35 and for AI-76 to 45, making AI-76 better in this category.

1. Ammo consumption (cost-effective)

Both weapons use the 7.62mm rounds. But due to the higher recoil of AI-76, especially medium- to longer ranges, you’d be missing more rounds than hitting.

Also, bigger magazine size translates into more rounds spent before taking note of the rounds remaining. People usually doesn’t count bullets in the heat of the battle and may look at the remaining bullet count during the small break (weapon reloading). By that time, AI-76 without mag extension has spent 30 rounds while AG4 without mag extension has spent 20 rounds, making a 10 round difference, in favor of AG4.

1. Fire modes

Both weapons can fire in semi-auto or full-auto mode.
AI-76 can also fire in burst mode (3 rounds per firing).

1. Effective distance

AI-76 is effective only in close-range since it’s high recoil and lack of any other scope than Red dot, doesn’t make it accurate enough in medium and long rages to justify the ammo consumption.

AG4 is effective in all ranges thanks to the wide range of scopes it can have. E.g Red dot for close range, 1-4x scope for medium range and 4-8x scope for long range. Also, the smaller recoil helps to be more accurate in medium to long ranges.

1. Machine spotting

With AI-76 and it’s inability to equip vision mods, you’re only left with your eyes to spot targets and flashlight to see in the dark. But flashlight illuminates only close range, making spotting targets difficult.

AG4 ability to equip any vision mod when equipped either with 1-4x scope or 4-8x scope makes it very effective in machine spotting, especially in night time (IR vision). Moreover, you can also see if machines are hiding behind buildings or are behind wall with OPV vision. There is also Low Light vision which i haven’t found effective use.

1. Availability

During normal gameplay, first assault rifle you should find is AG4 in Vesslan Command Bunker. And since 5* AI-76 is locked into one of the final vanilla missions, that makes AG4 more available in the game than AI-76.

Out of the 11 categories;
AI-76 scored 3/11
AG4 scored 8/11

Making AG4 better weapon overall.

2 Likes

I’d like to have the option just for 5 crown weapons to either use the default ugly chrome look or the 4 crown black finish look. No other skins or paints etc. Just want my best damage dealing weapons to have a more subdued look to them.

A lot of potential being based on the timeless AK47, and with Auto, Single, and Burst I always just wanted something more to it.

I always felt the AI-76 was left in the dark, but still remains top 5 favourites despite only being 5* tier weapon found in very late in base game. Maybe it’s that reason alone that makes it special.

I won’t get into the AG4 debate as I’ve already done extensive testing with Diesel prior to the Vanguard build. It’s a very comfortable choice.

Yes it really is a late game wep as i found my first in the north coast region

That is really interesting. Also I am aware the AI-76 has no EXP version. AS the reply above yours i say they should make one.

When 1st batch of experimental weapons were added to the game then devs stated that they are planning to release experimental versions for all weapons in game. Though, this was well before melee weapons were a thing in game and here, i don’t know if we could see experimental melee weapons at some point as well.

I mean, how experimental can a melee weapon be without it turning into a comic book

Simple, make it so exaggerated that it wouldn’t even fit into one. That being said, we already have some pretty sci-fi guns, including a railgun. Having a baseball bat that fires a shockwave on charge attacks or a hammer-shield combo would not be out of place anymore. it should just keep this more tactical feel of GenZ, because Destiny (thunderlord says hello) and Warframe already exist.

I agree with dang near all you said, but I’ve noticed that the Al-76 does more damage. I don’t know why, but it does. I can take out a Hunter a lot faster with that than I can the AG4.

That is due to it’s higher fire rate. Which means higher dps. Which is a lower time to kill.

The stats of the 5 crown AI-76, and AG$ are as follows.

AI-76: 6 damage 11 Handling 10 Rate of fire.

AG$: 7 damage 11 handling 10 rate of fire.

These were taken from the wiki. Which means the wiki is incorrect. I am pretty sure the AI-76 5c has a noticeable higher fire rate, than the 5c AG4.

Edit: The Wiki also says that the 5c AG5 has an 8 damage stat. Which is also weird as the AG5 has a lower per-bullet damage. This whole wiki needs to be redone.

1 Like

I re-did the gun testing for the Vanguard Build.

The AG5 is the unicorn.