Thermal snow anyone?

I think this is the place for this to go, but I’ve noticed that when it snows, the snow has a thermal signature :crazy_face:. As far as I know, snow isn’t as warm as a hooman bean. May the signature be removed plz. I find it very distracting myself. I would even be alright if when it snowed all the snow did was dull machines thermal signature

1 Like

:joy:
Could you provide a screenshot please?

I am sorry but can you please provide more info as to what you are talking about?

I’m not at home rn, so I might be able to send a screenshot tomorrow if I get it to snow… but basically when it snows the snow appears as red on thermal vision

1 Like

It’s always been the case unfortunately. This was reported years ago too IIRC.

Basically snow should be black or dark with thermal vision on as it is colder than the surroundings not warmer.

However, in GZ snow has a heat signature as if it is burning embers not cold like snow.

Old bug report.

1 Like

thermal scaling using color is based on differences in temps of different surfaces. When I look through my IR at snow on the ground, surface snow is red and snow deeper down starts turning shadows of blue, the water is very blue. Should the water be colder than frozen water, snow?

There was snow drifting through the air while I was playing with my binoculars and the snow falling was a lighter yellow, then the trees and the snow on the ground different hues of red and yellow. I think the snow falling was a light yellow so you could see it and adds a element of realism to the game. have a play jump in the cold water and see if they go from bright red and yellow to blue like the cold water, bet they do not. They will still be warmer than the surrounding.

The colors in also need to be shaded and hues of different colors to give depth and a 3D view. If everything was frozen or blue, then it would be all one color on the screen but a bright area that is a machine that should also have very little heat signature. But the whole body of a machine is just as bright and, in some cases, showing hotter/whiter than the players.

I hope they do not change this, because it seems to work great. Because next will be the smoke coming off a fire is to annoying because it will cause the same thing as the snow that is falling.