They made a "new game+" with out knowing it

This it how it worked for me on ps4.
Start your game as normal, find a storage box, drop all the stuff in it you wan’t for the new game play.
Delete your character(s), then start a new game. Your Skills is reset but when your storage box, will hold the stuff you placed there.

Worked for me twice, but i would backup the save just i case.

Same thing happens in game to be fair. If you drop your gear on the floor in game, solo play connected to the server…you can drop all your gear on the floor, quit to main menu, delete character, crate a new one, load, and all the gear is there.

Good shout on the Plundra though.

Nice to know, thanks.

but your missions will not be reset so not really a new game

With the storage box it makes it easier but you could do this earlier. It be nice to reset missions though.

My Missions and collectibles was reset, it was like when i played it the first time.

You need to restart the game after making a new save, to reset all progress otherwise you’ll hop back into the same session and it’ll kinda bug out.

It works! When I started over and discovered the first house didn’t have a plunda I thought I had lost everything. When I made it to the church and checked the plunda there it all was. Whoo hoo!