This is the first update that should be reverted

There are 3 issues with this update that need to
be addressed:

• Harvesters and Tanks
  • Harvesters calling in Hunters
  • Difficulty settings are useless

Let’s talk about harvesters and tanks. For the most part, I like their changes, except for 2 things: rocket speed and frequency. Last night I got into a fight with a military tank, which proceeded to spam its missile raining from above attack constantly. It also now fires where you are going to be, instead of where you are, which I like.

What made this unfair, though, is that I was being attacked at the same time by 4 hunters, 5 runners, and a harvester. So not only did I have to shoot all them, but I had to avoid the tanks incredibly precise rockets, which could nearly one shot me, but also avoid everything else.

Harvesters are also broken. Their new ability to call in hunters is awesome, keep it, but the rate at which they do so is to fast. You can get overwhelmed with hunters relatively quickly. Not only this, but their rockets, which like the tanks are super super fast, are hard to avoid in the midst of all the chaos.

Lastly, and this is not an issue I’ve tested, but it seems these changes are not scaled to the difficulties, making them useless at this point.

Overall, lower the speed and rate of the rockets across all machines, let the harvester only spawn in a max amount of hunters until it can’t anymore (or give it an antenna or something we can destroy to stop them from spawning), and scale the difficulty again.

I think the update should just be reversed for now, looked at for a month or 2, then added back in.

This update came at a bad time too, since there are lots of new players with 1-3 star weapons that have to deal with these new overpowered mechanics. I’ve loved this game since it was revealed. I played the beta, defended the game online, and tuned in to most of the streams across the past year, but this is the first time I’m gonna have to take a break if this isn’t sorted out.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Machine behaviour post April 2020 update