Tick Balancing Suggestions

1. Ticks do too much damage and can jump ridiculous distances.
  2. I would improve them buy reducing their jumping distance and making them do less damage, and also by making it so that an EMP will permanently disable it, considering their size that would be logical. I would also make it so that if multiple ticks jump at you at the same time there is reduced damage to make it a little bit easier to deal with multiple ticks at a time. By reduced I mean, if one tick jumping at you is 20 damage, then 2 jumping at you is 30 instead of 40.

That is how I would improve the ticks to make them fairer.

Yes, they can be more troublesome than considerably larger enemies, which is not quite the way it ought to be. Or so it feels, in my opinion.

Topic moved to correct section.

True say @CoDCrafted , it seems like they don’t have a vertical limit on their attack as you can be on top of a building yet they can still reach you somehow. i think if the runners cant reach you two stories up the ticks shouldn’t be able to either. Apparently there is a massive patch on the way, in the livestream i believe they said there were like 200 fixes so far, so fingers crossed ticks got a small rework in there.

The ridiculous jump, the gigantic area of attack for their slice’n’dice attack, and the amount of damage that attack inflicts definitely all adds up.

As @Back2the80sFuture says, they can be more problematic than considerably larger enemies. Perhaps the problem is how I envision them? Basically, I see them as either: on stand-by in houses and bunkers ready to launch opportunistic attacks, or dropped from larger machines in order to interfere with the player’s attacks.

Instead we’ve got a frenetic whirlwind of explody death that’s pretty much more dangerous than anything except Hunters.

What do I do? I toss a flare and hope that the timers on their suicide attacks run out before the flares do; or at least make them all congregate in the one spot for a turkey shoot. I, personally, never enter a new bunker without ten flares.

But back to @CoDCrafted’s original post, I love the idea of EMPs permanently frying them. I wouldn’t be adverse to a little diminishing returns-based maths going on behind the scenes, either. :slight_smile:

You know if you’re careful you can actually sneak up on most of them. Full kit for minimal noise/visibility plus perking into the skills that reduce visibility and noise and you can easily get with a dozen or so meters of one while crouching provided you don’t approach it from the front or top (they seem to notice people above them way more readily than on the same level), more than close enough to one-shot it with your weapon of choice.

Agreed though that they really should get nerfed, especially early game (first encounter with a group of them in Vesslan was the first time I actually died, I got jumped by three at once and before I figured out what was attacking me I had less than 10 HP left).

My main gripe is that there isn’t very much you can do about ticks unless you have a very powerful weapon. You shoot them and then they immediately lunge against you. Instead, I think that they should be stunned for a second.