Tierd of trying to get some good expiremental weapon

i just got my 4 klaucke 17 exprimental from the reaper can somebody say if this is just bad luck or a bug
because i got two AG 4 exprimental too so im kinda kinda tired of having duplicats of two of my least favorite exprimental weapons giving up hope for something good

Everything in this is RNG based, barely anything isnt. Just endure you kill the reaper before it self destructs for best loot, most of the time including 2 EXP weapons.

1 Like

Just to add that you don’t just have to kill the reaper for experimental weapons.
Base defenses and assaults have a small chance, too.

But at least every rival has a chance for experimental weapon drops, the higher the class and type, the higher the chance.

Just the experimental sledgehammer is the only experimental weapon you just can get from a reaper as far as I know.

Btw.: combine the experimental AG4 or Klaucke with shock ammo and they are some of the best guns.

1 Like

If you believe in luck, type out the name and level of the exp weapon you want before you attack a rival. Do it in game and also when you fast travel to a different region. My GF swears by this method. :beer:

1 Like

As Indominus said, the game is based on RNG, but I’d suggest looking at this from a different point of view. You might see it as poor luck, but considering you walked away with 4 experimental weapons you don’t need, you can use those a trade bargaining chip.

There are also other methods to farming experimental weapons such as farming rank 3 FNIX control points (this is my preferred method), defending a base you’ve claimed and built up from an attack, and just simply from killing rivals (however, killing rivals will lead to you losing threat level in that region, so be aware of that before you take that course of action.)

If you’d like, I’m always up for a trade. Just send me a dm, my gt is XGC Barbarian, I’m usually on in the evenings Pacific Standard Time. I have every weapon in gold, and all of the currently available experimental weapons, as well as most of the attachments in their gold variant. I collect almost everything I find on a ‘mule’ character so that I can help out people like yourself.

I can confirm this with 1000+ game play hours, countless recycled experimetnal weapons of all sorts except exp.sledgehammer. Which i have evernever seen. (i dont fight reaper, i always prevent it from spawning. And restore backup save file if it is accidentally spawned).

1 Like

Why? :face_with_monocle:

Offtopic.

For me its just booring bullet sponge fight. It gives no danger, no excitiment. Only some presice fiddle to prevent suiciding itself. (i have fought it couple of times, but now i always prevent it from spawning).

2 Likes

Are you sure about this? I would have sworn I pulled one off of a dead apocalypse tank rival last week.

Before you say that I may have mistaken it with a reaper kill, I haven’t killed a reaper in a while. I already have dozens of most of the experimentals collecting dust on a mule.

1250+ Hours in the game. Of course Repear game way later into the game. I have collected and scrapped every exprimental weapon n+1 times. Blasted lately couple of dozens FNIX bases when game back to game from long break.

And i still dont have that experimental sledgehammer. Can i be absolutely sure, no If its RNG based drop. If it is tied to loot table of specific enemy with RNG, 99% sure Repear only drops it.

Conclusion: Very strong indication that only Reaper drops Experimental sledgehammer.

1 Like

I’m at around 1406 hours, I hear you, the grind is real. I think that it just simply has either a much lower drop rate, or there’s an issue in the loot pool for it to actually drop. Could be both. If you’d like one, I have a couple sitting in my locker right now, and another half dozen on my mule. So I’d be happy to help complete your collection if you’d like.

I dont care about achievement, collectibles, grind every equipment possible. I can live without having something in games. i just like the gameplay itself, and time to time play the game for fun and pass time.
I have never liked melee weapons in GZ, never use them. So Exp. Sledge would just be dust collector in my plundra, and waste of space.

2 Likes

You might have to farm rivals:
Set your game to adventure difficulty.
Grab your most powerful weapons.
Kill everything you see in a region but avoid Rivals.
Pump the Rivals up to level 4.
When there’s enough high level Rivals to your satisfaction cull the herd and profit.
Repeat.

2 Likes