Trade value Ratios for items in my opinion

I believe OP is laying out a price list for gear for their co-op games and might be inviting us to use the same one. That’s all.

1 Like

Yeah, I got that now.

I did not mean you should get serious again. I like talking nonsense.

2 Likes

You can make a list like this but probably nobody cares, so dont waste your time. You could play GZ in this time and have some fun :wink:
PS: when I play with my friends it goes like that:
Hey I need bullets for weapon x.
Yap I have enough of them. Here are 2-3 stacks. Hf and make sure they count XD

4 Likes

The young folks these days…

1 Like

not yet but I intend to set up a huge trading network so all players can trade for what they need and what they not need.
you have all rights to use this list for reference.
Also thanks @Flick for explaining to pegnose.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

First off: since stacks can’t be split in GZ (at least not yet), making a list out of any other value than a full stack doesn’t make much sense.

List of full stacks (ammo)
200x - .32 Möller (HP / FMJ)
120x - 9mm Glock (FMJ / AP)
60x - .44 Magnum (HP / FMJ)
120x - .243 (SP / FMJ)
120x - .270 (SP / FMJ)
40x - .50 cal (FMJ / AP)
240x - 9mm SMG (FMJ / AP)
240x - 5.56mm (FMJ / AP)
240x - 7.62mm (FMJ / AP)
60x - shotgun (bird / buck / slug)
4x - rockets (chaff / smoke / EMP / HE)

2nd: for each player, different items have different value. For example, 7.62mm, .50 cal and HE rockets are far more valuable to me than 5.56mm, .270 or .32 Möller due to the weapons i use.

And 3rd: several trade formulas are skewed. Some are generous while others are measly. Also, what’s with the weapon trade? 2x 4* for 1x 5*? Whoever gives away 2x 4* for 1x 5* can benefit but the one who gives away his/hers 5* weapon will not benefit in any way for the 2x 4* in return.

1 Like

@Aesyle It’s nice to see smoke valued so highly for once.

1 Like

Regarding the weapons personally I wouldn’t mind giving away 5* for purples it helps those who are struggling and need alittle pick me up.
However, as I stated above these trades ive set up its very generous to the buyer rather than me the seller.
generosity is key to survival.
it also assures you that you will have key allies you can trust to trade with along with the assurance.
I’m considering a refund program and those that get the item they didn’t expect for ill do my best to refund the dissatisfied/scammed one.
I do also appreciate your consideration to the trade list and if you like I can implement your idea in the new list but id prefer to ask you permission first.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Smokes are highly priced as many people don’t realise their effectiveness or value so those that want to trade up their Smoke grenades im doing a special offer of 5 Smokes for 5 Sticky Flares or 20-40 BMG rounds or option 3.
60 buckshot rounds Their special choice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lets get this economy going people :wink:

Sure, you can use my ideas to refine your list.

The value of each item is defined by availability and demand. Availability comes from the game world, where some of the items are more easily found than others. And demand comes from the players.

Also, same ammo but different types of it (SP vs FMJ or FMJ vs AP) have different value due to the availability. The fair ratio (both ways trading) would be 2:1, e.g:
2x stacks (400x) of .32 HP = 1x stack (200x) of .32 FMJ
2x stacks (240x) of .243 SP = 1x stack (120x) of .243 FMJ
2x stacks (480x) of 9mm SMG FMJ = 1x stack (240x) of 9mm SMG AP
2x stacks (480x) of 7.62mm FMJ = 1x stack (240x) of 7.62mm AP
2x stacks (120x) of birdshot = 1x stack (60x) of buckshot
2x stacks (120x) of buckshot = 1x stack (60x) of slug
etc.

I’d 1st make a list based on availability alone. Once that’s complete, the economy can become fluid based on the demand. But that needs central trading system and doesn’t work with direct PvP trading. Well, it would work if each player is independent trader and their Plundra is the place where to store the stock (central trading system) but that would result in different pricing with different traders.

When it comes to the weapon trade, i, personally, have donated most of the weapons to other players rather than trading them. Some players don’t like donations and with them, i’ve traded.

For example: if i find a 5* weapon in-game, i usually keep it until i have fully upgraded it with 5* attachments and full stack of ammo. Once the weapon is ready, i join random MP game, play a bit, look what weapons host is using and then offer my donation to him/her.
I’d rather give the fully upgraded weapon to someone who can use it, than dropping it on the ground to despawn it.

I also like to make “new player gifts” for new players (under lvl10) which consists of:
5* Möller
5* Möller mag
5* silencer
200x .32 Möller FMJ

In my time, i’ve given away more than 10x such new player gifts. :blush: I’ve made quite a bit of friends by my knowledge about GZ, by my experience dealing with machines and by my donations to other players.

1 Like

So what prevents scamming? player x drops item for y, y picks it up and leaves.

Only solution if someone is middleman (who can be trusted). But it still leaves possibility for scamming, until middleman has proven loyalty to all and gains reputation as reliable.

1 Like

@Lonewolf
The only thing that we can do is ask the one who got scammed to contact me or any future colleagues and provide proof in order for us to work on a refund which would be as closely matched if not better
However we have to have trust in the forum community and we do ask them not to begin a witch hunt against the scammer.
I do appreciate your interest in this topic and project😊

Nothing.

Also, there can be 2 types of scamming:

1. receiver/giver doesn’t drop right item
  2. receiver/giver does get the right item but claims to get different (wrong) item

It would be hard to police the trade, even when using 3rd, neutral person. For the middleman/woman, a past end-game player would suit best since he/she would already have everything and wouldn’t have interest in the tradable items (to take those for themselves).

1 Like

I understand your reply to lonewolf’s question and I do thank you for explaining different situations and I agree with you a end game player would be preferred rather than a bambi
or middle tier player but if we can get this trade system going then we could start making T&C to becoming a middle man/woman and also manager of different time zones for up to 12 managers on the worldwide scale
I would like to set this project up but we will need applicants to stay true to their word
time zones would rotate from U.S all the way to asia and Australia if we do have players in those areas.
what could also be done is a list for contact information for all managers and trades for various items and objects.
I thank you for reading this in depth :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You need to be very careful with this one since;

Forum Code of Cunduct, link: Code of Conduct - Forums
Keep personal information personal
Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.

GZ EULA, link: https://generationzero.com/en/eula
19. Prohibited use

• You may not post or communicate any player’s real world information (name, address, account name, etc.) in the Game, on the Websites or in any other forum or media, or make public anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information or posting such information in the Game or other permitted websites;
  • You may not harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Game by electronic or other means, for example for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
1 Like

@Aesyle
not like that just their user name and time zone of availability
Its a non profit project so we don’t have to keep personal info of any sorts apart from their forum info which is just their username for reference.
I do appreciate your concern and don’t intend to attempt to break any forum rules.
thank you

everything else is at their own discretion and is not to be asked for like the ways you have pointed about above there is no need for their emails for addresses etc they have the choice to opt in to give their username and time zone shown to the public
this is only really needed if this project actually becomes a real thing.
solid on paper just needs a real battle plan for becoming a thing.
and I’ve pointed out I would ask the dev’s before anything like this becomes a legit thing.
no real currency involved im just implementing my opinion of values of items ranging from weapons to simple adrenalines
its a great way to keep a steady income of a direct item for example adrenalines are always a important factor in combat and are in very high demand due to their rarity and use

I don’t understand this endeavor. Ammo is plenty in the game (in later regions, and scarcity is part of the concept), looting is part of it as well. And the hunt or grind for the weapon of your choice is a central game aspect.

Also it is not like this game takes forever or you need to prepare yourself for some kind of massive raid or end game or basically anything that will come up when you are not ready for it.

1 Like

personally I don’t see a need for this. If we were playing on large servers with a bunch of other players I could see the usefulness. Like @Aesyle said, different items have different values to each person depending on their preferred weapon. I’m anti-social and don’t do it myself but it seems pretty simple to just tell people what you are looking for in the gear trading channel on Discord.

2 Likes

To be honest the forum is not as small as most GZ servers on discord I have it myself but its just that this forum is easier to reach a larger community efficiently and effectively.
However I do thank you and everyone else for their input and I do wish them a early merry Christmas :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like