Transfers: each one has a duration of 8 seconds

All transfers (Inventory companion, trunk, reward trunk etc.) have the duration of about 8 sec. per item.
That’s endless…

Another ‘insect’?

Did you try to see if it still happens after a restart?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the same situation since a week or so.
Can’t find the cause…

Try to disable your virus protection on your PC while you play, see if that is the culprit.

1 Like

I also have this on one of my characters in world 1 that I use as a mule. My inexact timing was 5 seconds and it appeared at the last update. Everything happens at normal speed in the plundra until I press A (xbox series x) to transfer items and it then takes 5 seconds to complete the instruction. I have tried restarting, clearing cache and everything short of reinstalling but nothing works. This is not a huge problem to me as it’s not on my main character but if it was it would be a game killer.

2 Likes

Got VPN here, might be the cause - I’ll investigate this, thx.

[This is not a huge problem to me as it’s not on my main character but if it was it would be a game killer.] Exactly.

Edit: unfortunately - it doesn’t make any difference.

If it’s any help in finding the cause I use two mules (each carrying over 20000) which are characters 3 and 4 in world 1. It is only character 4 that has this glitch. Character 3 behaves as expected. The glitch appeared after the latest update so I am considering a reinstall but this also seems a bit drastic for what, to me, is a minor problem.

1 Like

Just guessing, but maybe the 20k is the cause for that issue. Or that you have two characters with each that amount, which just affects the last one in the row?

Idk.

I’m also guessing that they’ve had this amount long before the update, so the question is, why now happens.

Maybe it’s related to the plundra upgrade. Like I often said: more isn’t just always better…

I didn’t experience this bug yet, but I don’t have any mules. I’ll take a look at my other characters, too.

1 Like

I see what you are saying about the plundra “upgrade”, it definitely appeared at the upgrade. I doubt however that it is due to the vast amount of stuff I have stored as Asphodelus has the same problem but in a totally different situation.

2 Likes

If I transfer something from my plundra to my backpack and visa versa it’s almost instantly.
I am like you on PC and Steam. So why is it happening to you? Maybe your RAM memory is constantly full. I have 64 GB.

No, checked it by benchmarking etc. My system is rather heavy. Think the explanations above might be the thing. Also 2 characters, so maybe that me be the cause combined with specific updates.

I still have under 360 kilo in my plundra of the 1600 I could have, maybe that is why I do not have problems during transfers.

2 Likes

As stated I have same problem on Xbox X so doubt it’s anything to do with RAM.

The Xbox and playstation also have RAM and use memory to save data temporary. If this memory is full, data cannot be saved and gets lost or it takes more time as previously saved data needs to be deleted or overwritten.

An other possible option is that the data that needs to be read and written just is too much for the read/write-speed provided by the hardware, so that it just takes more time to finish the process. So maybe it’s just too much traffic.

Going to look into the Plundra. It’s not useful/handy to have it packed.

But empying the Plundra - that takes time too, right? What’s the easiest way - with keeping some hard fought items?

Same. Happens on Xbox too. Started right after The Community Requests Update.

1 Like

Tested it now on my side, but nothing to notice.
Works as it should.

1 Like