Tribute to Aesyle

It appears that @Aesyle is no longer a moderator on this forum. Personally I would like to thank you, @Aesyle, for your full hearted support for this community and your endless efforts to share your enormous knowledge about the GZ universe with all us players. I hope you will carry on your tirelss work in the future in here. And thank you for having kept this place tidy - I’ve enjoyed (and respected) every reprimand I’ve received from you when going off-topic or behaving badly (as boys do :grin:).

Thanks again :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

Yaayyy, Let’s hear it for Aesyle, and Boo! for the tedious people who fired her.

3 Likes

Seconded. We may not have always agreed, but I never ceased to be amazed by your knowledge, attention to detail and passion for the game and the community.

Thanks @Aesyle

Ps. You’re still right about players having too much inventory space, and that’s a hill I’m prepared to die on, side by side. :rofl:

4 Likes

My special thanks and respect to @Aesyle. You where always the helping hand when someone had a problem with the game.
You gave so many heartblood and passion to the game and the forums.

I’ll miss you.

Thanks @Aesyle

1 Like

Yes indeed, she’s helped out tons with moderating the forum and I’m very grateful for it.

But she’s still around :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m too braindead right now to write something meaningful, but I say my thanks too. Got helped around forum things and corrected on my statements.

1 Like

Sad to hear that. Was always happy to have her chime in, even if we agreed to disagree. I just hope she’ll stay around - nothing beats knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks guys for the cute homage for me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As of why, all of a sudden, i am no longer a mod, well, to put it short: the personal relationship between me and Carniv0re didn’t work out and due to this, i am no longer a mod.

Of course, me being a mod anymore doesn’t mean i’ll be going anywhere. I’ll still stay in the forums, replying and discussing the game with all of you. :smiley:

And if you have any moderating requests (topic merge, closure, off-topic etc.) point them all towards Zesiir or better yet, flag the reply using the flagging system. :slight_smile:

Take care and of course, drink a lot of water! :blush:

16 Likes

Read this sentence several times and fails to see how one should lead to the other.

2 Likes

There ends an era in the forum.

The last 12 monts the forum felt alive, really well maintained and there was always one person who would not mind answering, defending the devs, explaining how things work in the game and reminding me about things I already forgot. This one and only is @Aesyle. Thank you for all your hard work you put into the moderation of the forum. I never felt more welcome than during that time. Let’s hope that Zesiir will manage to moderate the forum AND have a life :slight_smile:

And thanks for still sticking around. I totally get it if you would leave the forum all together after receiving the boot.

3 Likes

It does not :slight_smile: there were a few internal reasons why this decision was made, our personal relationship is not one of them, though it is tangentially related. Correlation does not imply causation :slight_smile:
Of course I’m just as thankful for the time and work Aesyle put in and I greatly appreciate her as a community member, that was always the case:)

3 Likes

Internal disagreements, and one thing leads to the other. It’s not a decision that’s ever weighed lightly. It’s also not the end of the world, people come and go.

There may come a time in the future where I’m off to other pastures as well, and someone else takes the reins. Let’s leave it at that.

2 Likes

So my eyes didn’t mislead me… sad to see…

@Aesyle
From me, too, a big thanks for all your efforts here in the forums, it was - and is! - a pleasure to read your postings and sharing your knowledge about GZ

1 Like

that, would really stink.

Thanks @Aesyle for deleting all my forum threads that were cluttering the forum, I really mean it. I understand that you aren’t going anywhere but also thank you for guiding me to already existing threads.
_

Hwoty_Twoty

1 Like

You shall be missed on the forums my friend.
You were one of the more active mods and you did your job well, and you even accepted criticisms unlike other mods on other places that immediately shut down opinions that contradict their own.
Not to mention your one of the least neckbeardy internet mods I’ve seen Lmao
((You too Zesiir, your nice as well

But I don’t quite understand how a personal relation with an admin should even remotely effect actual work. Not very professional of them, not one bit.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.

I wouldn’t go so far as to cast blame towards anyone. There are reasons, that need not be explained because they’re internal matters, so we won’t be discussing them here on the open forums. It’s not what this topic is about, anyway.

I appreciate everything you have done! I tip my hat to you

1 Like

Hey don’t do stupid things man. It is enough if someone had to go, not you too

1 Like

While I certainly don’t agree with mod decision regarding some old posts of mine, you do however have my utmost respect when it comes to debating about ideas and theories regarding the game.

2 Likes

Thank you hope to hear your opinions more in the forums

1 Like